About The Container Store
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.5 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.5 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.5 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.5 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.5 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.5 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.5 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.5 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.5 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.5 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.5 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.5 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.5 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.5 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.5 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.5 responses
The Container Store Reviews
Just like any other retail job, you’re valued by your productivity and not rewarded when you give your all. I was at TCS for 6 years, and I only gained maybe a $1.50 in hourly pay. A starting pay at $12/hr 10 years ago was pretty exciting. Plus they offered some benefits for part timers. However, they were not very good and how to use them was not very clear. Full timers get great benefits and pay, but you need a Bachelor’s degree to be considered. Just like other retail jobs I’ve had, they expect their part time employees to have open availability and live for the company without paying us our worth, then getting mad when we have 1, 2, or 3 other jobs just to make ends meet. Or if we are in school and need time to do our schoolwork.
Great team who provides great support and clear communication. There is always an opportunity to grow, since you may learn different skills from your training supervisor and coworkers.
I love that we have a familial culture, and I've been with the company for 8 years. In that 8 years, things have changed, like going public. I wish we didn't do that.