About The Children's Place
Clothing, Fashion & Textiles, Consumer Products, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.16 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.16 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.16 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.16 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.16 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.16 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.16 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.16 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.16 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.16 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.16 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.16 responses
The Children's Place Reviews
The environment and coworkers made working here worth while, however pay is pretty low. I have made purchases here and love the order online pick up in store option, but it sucks when the store does not have items available at the time of your order pick. I love that when you order online, shipping is always free so you only have to pay the cost of the items and tax. I liked working here but it did not benefit me career wise. I just needed some form of a job at the moment and they gave me a chance! Overall i have enjoyed my experience, just wish the company paid its workers a higher pay. They make a lot of money but are pretty stingy when it comes to sharing the wealth with its employees.
I have worked for this company for 6 years. While I am grateful to them for being my very first employer, I can't turn a blind eye to the unfair practices this company is guilty of. They expect a lot to be done with very little pay, this is equally true for associates and managers. They expect employees to work for only 2 hours sometimes which is completely appalling, as mentioned before the pay is very little and to drive or commute all the way to work for only 2 hours is absurd. They don't keep their managers in check, good ones eventually leave the company and horrid ones stay, getting away with everything they do even if it's against "company policy."
I've worked only in retail for the past four years of my working life. before coming to work for this company I was working at another child clothing store for about three years, which I've only received a promotion ONCE and it wasn't as a manager position at all. I found it really difficult to move up with that company, but this company? Amazing. Just within my first week, I've received amazing feedback and appreciation of my work, although I have to work on getting customers to sign up for our rewards as well as credit card for the store, I've gotten everything else down. I've been offered to get an acting manager/sales leadership position, not even a month into working there. It may not be permanent but it sure is an experience that can be put down on my resume for future positions.