No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 697 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.697 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.697 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.697 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.697 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.697 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.697 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.697 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.697 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.697 responses
What one word or phrase best describes the culture?
Based on 697 responsesReport
- of employees are happy to work here.697 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.697 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.697 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.697 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.697 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.697 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.697 responses
I love working here! They are very understanding. As a student, they offer a lot of flexible hours and can easily accommodate your hectic hours, especially during exams. They also take your interests to heart. For example, when I was being interviewed, I told the manager that I loved coffee; she later assigned me as a barista for Target's coffee shop. Target is also very open with their policies and are forgiving. This is a great place to work for your first job; they will teach you things like how to call in sick or how to change your availability. Not to mention, Target gives all employees an additional discount. To encourage its employees to lead a healthy lifestyle, they have discounts for gyms and for fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, as well as organic produce.
It was great at first. I started during the Christmas season. There were lots of hours, most team members seemed happy, and work was relaxed yet fast paced. Now? Hmph. Some team members I almost never see because our hours have been cut to the bare minimum. We never have enough staff to fully function. One week I literally have one 3 hour shift! At one point at least 3-4 team members broke down in tears in a span of 2 weeks. Lots of blow ups and arguments. Everyone was either quitting or looking for other work. Things have cooled down (although work searches have continued.) It seems that in order to give us this measly bump in pay, corporate has decided to significantly cut man power and more than double the workload. SN: Neither team members, nor guests enjoy freight being pushed around the store during business hours.
Target is an amazing company to work for! I have been an employee for five years and have worked at three different locations. I have learned some of my most valuable interpersonal and conflict management skills working in retail, and have been rewarded for my hard work with high praise and promotion opportunities. Target as a corporation really cares for its employees, and at the store level it feels like on big family.