About Synchrony Financial
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 14 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.14 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.14 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.14 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.14 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.14 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.14 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.14 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.14 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.14 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.14 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.14 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.14 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.14 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.14 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.14 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.14 responses
Synchrony Financial Reviews
Synchrony strived to be a great place to work and missed the mark. The work/life balance was heavily skewed towards work and expectations were high. Applying to another department to expand your skillset was available, yet seemingly impossible to get unless you had tenure. Benefits were just okay, but 401k matching was fantastic! It is an okay place to work, but I would not consider it a career choice.
It was really hard going into work everyday. Synchrony Financial is a call center for credit cards. The people calling in every day were not happy people, and they often yelled, swore and berated you. Compensation was based on how quickly you could get people off the phone, how quickly you could notate accounts and exactly what you say on the phone with many scripts that need to be said verbatim. Pay was decent and benefits were good, but the way this place made you feel wasn't worth it.
The reason I like working at Synchrony Financial promotion I received in Consumer Banker back in November 2017. . I previously was an Fraud Investigator for a different company over two years and that position within fraud is all the knowledge I was aware within any bank. After starting within Synchrony Bank, I knew the path I wanted to take within a year and to be honest it was not Consumer Banker. I’m proud that I did not get the position for the Fraud Support Specialist because if I did then I would have not been subjected to such great leadership, opportunity and growth. I am very proud that I stepped outside my box of what I knew and was ready to take on a different route within my career path. I can honestly say I love what I do at Synchrony Bank and I am proud I am getting the exposure to many things within Consumer Banking. The only thing I would probably change about Synchrony Finanical would be the pay. I do feel that it is a little underrated.