St John Medical Center, Inc Reviews

I would like to see more accountability on every single person end. So many employees are leaving due to the staff load, the work load has doubled and we are so limited on staff. We are exhausted after taking on extra shifts without being compensated for the labor.
I worked for SJMC years ago. When I moved back to town, SJMC was the only place I wanted to work. Yes, it has its issues. Some floors and units are probably worse than others. But having worked at many different facilities over the years, I know that the grass is not greener. SJMC tries hard to orient you, provide you with the resources you need to succeed, give you mentorship, and help you find the position that will benefit you and the facility.
I loved my coworkers and as a new nurse I learned a lot here. However, the resources were limited and staff participation in hospital advancement is unheard of. The upper management made cut after cut, putting restrictions on the care we were able to give. Patient safety comes after hospital budgeting.
Start Your Review of St John Medical Center, Inc
They are working around my school and want me to succeed. I have been here for 5 years and it is a wonderful place to work.
I have worked at St. John Medical Center for three years. I've been through many ups, downs, plateaus and changes with this company. St. John, now managed by Ascension, has room to grow as part of the largest Catholic health network. However, the transition from a very personal place to work, some of what made this hospital great has been lost in big scale health care. The individuals I work with are top notch, however there is a large disconnect between administration from the top to the care of the patient at the bedside.
I liked the hospital and I am still working there. I like the hospital but can’t maintain census and getting hours cut as a full time employee
I am currently a CNA at this hospital and I love what I do and where I work. The staff members are always nice and willing to help.
I have been doing my summer externship there- if you are a nursing student, I highly recommend it. This has let me fully decide that Emergency Nursing is where I want to be. The orientation process was one of the best I have been in as well.
St. John is an excellent place to work. They care about not only the patients but their employees as well. The pay and benefits are comparable with other local facilities.