Food & Beverage, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.43 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.43 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.43 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.43 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.43 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.43 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.43 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.43 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.43 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.43 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.43 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.43 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.43 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.43 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.43 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.43 responses
Working at Speedway was pretty fun for me. While I was in school, Speedway was the perfect part-time job for me. Mainly you deal with people all day, you greet them with a smile and your work is done. You do have to keep the store clean, which isn’t a major issue. They don’t over work you, which is awesome! Free slushies, if your manager cool!
I absolutely loved my job at Speedway It is very unfortunate that they forced me to quit. I would have been an employee for 2 years in August 2019. I loved the opportunity to be able to manage a whole staff and set expectations. I loved that Speedway invested in and spent money on training employees. I loved the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives through customer service. At Speedway as a General Manager the operations is completely on your shoulders. Although I had a District Manager and I had a Regional Manager above me, I always felt overwhelmed with everything to get done in-store. I have worked on Christmas the past 2 years and have not got paid for doing so. I will never get the 20+ hours of overtime each week. The longest shift I worked was a 22 hour shift from 12p until 10a. I worked so hard for them and they forced me to quit.
I like the work environment as a whole. Speedways are generals small facilities where you are required to maintain the stores cleanliness and do small harmless jobs, like; sweep and mopping or stocking product. Its very easy to build bonds and relationships with fellow employees since you tend to work similar shift throughout the week. The main thing I liked to see changed is the waged for staff, the hardest workers get the most average wage and its not fair.