Oil & Gas
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.7 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.7 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.7 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.7 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.7 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.7 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.7 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.7 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.7 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly men.7 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.7 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.7 responses
Schlumberger provides employees with the opportunity to excel in a fast paced environment. Most positions require employees to work on-call or shift-work, which is common in business conducting 24/7 operations. Compensation and benefits are great. Potential employees should be prepared to avoid burn-out by leveraging paid time off and being "present" when not working.
Schlumberger is a great place to start a career. Good pay, rewarding work, travel opportunities, and continuous learning through cross functional training are some of the highlights. After a few years, though, I started to realize that progression becomes heavily stagnated due to rigid corporate policies and poor management decisions; particularly in the subsea division. Schlumberger is a great place to start a career, but not a great place to progress it past the initial stages.
When the oil and gas industry takes a hit, companies cost reduction involves letting employees go which includes experienced staff. However, it is important to note that companies must keep the business running which means profitable at whatever cost. Just note, that this company like others who work in the oil and gas industry has its ups and downs because of the price of oil.