About Save Mart Supermarkets
Food & Beverage, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.8 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.8 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.8 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.8 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.8 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.8 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.8 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.8 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.8 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.8 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.8 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.8 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.8 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.8 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.8 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.8 responses
Save Mart Supermarkets Reviews
When I was first hired, employees had effective communication skills and it was evident that management respected their employees. However later on when new management came, they did not respect their employees. They used foul language very loudly in front of customers and were very unprofessional. It is not right that the Company didn't offer great benefits for Service Specialists as they also worked very hard like other employees. Manager started cutting hours from those who made the lowest to benefit themselves and would send employees home early to benefit the company. Management didn't hire new employees for over a year. Also seen management discriminate to my co-worker. If you have a question about the job or your benefits, management has no idea.
Salary schedule leaves people underpaid so there is a high turnover rate. Bad incentives leave people under-motivated, anyone with ambition will work out of this place quickly. Working in grocery you meet all types of people, good customer service background can help moving forward in all career paths. The biggest downsize to the industry is the company isn’t making much money on each transaction, but running a store with high standards has a lot of costs. Would not recommend the industry for a career. Anyone making enough money is on salary being over-worked.
I have worked at Save Mart Supermarkets for the past two years. I can honestly say it is above average working here compared to other grocery stores. the pay is decent, most people who stay here have opportunities to move up. Most of my coworkers that work with have been with save mart for many years and say they do not want to leave because the pay is good. They offer retirement options, flexible scheduling for students like me perusing a college education. I have had good experiences with most management. They offer maternity leave for people with children. The only down fall of working here is the fact that they are open every day of the year, the only holiday that the store is closed is Christmas day.