No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.27 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.27 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.27 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.27 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.27 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.27 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.27 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.27 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.27 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.27 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.27 responses
- of employees say the employees are mostly young in age.27 responses
I applied to Rue 21 and was hired at the age of 17. I was a sales associate at Rue 21 for 2 years. My first year at Rue 21 was great. We had fun contest, a social media following, had parties, and a lovely manager. But things sadly changed. In January 2019, We had a new manager and the workplace was never the same. Our new manager had a rude and nonchalant attitude. It made us lose customers. Issues started forming for me, when I discovered I was being lied to. Since, being employed for 2 years I asked for a raise. She told me the company doesn't give raises. But she proceeds to give her family members and friends (who was hired after me) raises. When I questioned her about it, she decides takes me off the schedule without telling me why. I honestly think she was trying to get rid of me for any reason she could. She made a comment saying "I do not want anymore more black girls working here anymore." In front of our entire staff. I felt racially discriminated.
Great place to start out! As my first job, it opened up new experiences and opportunities for me. I learned new things and made new friendships while working.
I love working there. The environment is welcoming and supportive. I am learning how to run a business and what it takes to do so. The store manager and managers are supportive and helpful when I have a misunderstanding about a problem. There is good team work and leadership. When I am in the need of help,whether it is about the business or personal advice, my coworkers know how to help support me. I want to know more in the fashion industry and when I received a call telling me to apply for a job, I did. Since then, I have learned more about the company as a whole, the business industry, and the fashion industry.