About Nordstrom Inc.
Clothing, Fashion & Textiles, Consumer Products, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 158 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.158 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.158 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.158 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.158 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.158 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.158 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.158 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.158 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.158 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.158 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.158 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.158 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.158 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.158 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.158 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.158 responses
Nordstrom Inc. Reviews
I have worked at both Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack. There are pros and cons to both, but overall I have been satisfied with my time working for Nordstrom, Inc.! The 20% employee discount goes a long way on larger purchases, and we do get perks from the company, such as extra discounts during the holiday time. Retail is tough, but I feel that Nordstrom takes good care of it’s employees through these benefits and more! The 401k match is great too. Good management depends on the store, some managers are only in it for selfish reasons but the majority want to help you and see you succeed. Most of the managers I’ve had in the 3 years I’ve been with the company are flexible with my academic (I’m currently a college student) and social life because they understand work/life balance. Customers are customers, you will encounter the good and the bad. The culture here is mostly positive and I would recommend working here for the life experience.
I am currently employed as a sales associate, while I am in school, and absolutely love it! I am quite the people person, and have several engaging conversations on the daily basis. I feel that my job is of high importance, I help people exhibit their inner persona on the outside. I also aid with matters of self confidence, and expression. Compensation is primarily commission based, however, there is base pay. Essentially, your compensation is matched according to your efforts. Hours are on an opening/closing shift basis. Eight hour work shifts are usually the norm, and include an hour lunch.Scheduling is pretty sporadic, not predictable by any means, this is due to the managers attempting to balance the open to close ratio amongst employees. In closing, if shopping is your favorite hobby, or past time, this would be the position for you.
I have been with Nordstrom for nearly four years and have loved every minute! Begining as a seasonal employee, I was rehired twice before I was offered a permanent sales position in the BP/Topshop/Savvy department. I found sales to be hard work, but overwhelming with opportunity. Nordstrom follows an inverted pyramid business model and heavily invests in their employees. They offer multiple avenues in growing your career, starting from entry-level positions. I am now working full time as a Service Experience Professional. Personally, this position offers a better work-life balance and stable income, in addition to a set hourly pay well above minimum wage. Working with Nordstrom is a great way to gain experience working with different personalities, and gain experience in sales and exceptional customer service.