About National Vision
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.12 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.12 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.12 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.12 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.12 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.12 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.12 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.12 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.12 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.12 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.12 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.12 responses
National Vision Reviews
There's tuition reimbursement if you want to go to Optometry School, which I do. I learned so much having no experience and got certified. I love the fact that I work to help improve the lives of others by helping them see better and look good (with their glasses and/or contact lenses). Management will work with you if you have scheduling conflicts but it's challenging if you want to stay full time and go to school. There is generous PTO; There are excellent growth opportunities and also great medical/dental insurance! There is also commission and bonus opportunities.
Company provides an entry level opportunity for those with limited to no optical experience. While they provide basic training to their employees it does leave something to be desired once you gain industry knowledge. Time off for full time employees is excellent, health care is poor (very high deductibles and only offered to full time employees) ironically they have no vision benefits but do offer dental in addition to supplemental life and disability. The company seems mostly concerned about constantly increasing their profit rather than providing quality healthcare at an affordable price. However they do have affordable pricing and provide entry level opportunity with the ability to progress. They offer tuition assistance (current 2018) if an employee wishes to pursue an optometry degree, and assistance if an employee wishes to become a licenced optician.
Working for National Vision is an experience I never thought I would be going through prior to working there. I work at one of their chain stores 'America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses', and up until working their I never knew how much work goes into a person's eyes. I have learned how to work and communicate efficiently with both our Optometrist and our customers to make sure everyone leaves being able to see their best.