No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 27 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.27 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.27 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.27 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.27 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.27 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.27 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.27 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.27 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.27 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.27 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.27 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.27 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.27 responses
About the Area
- Crime & SafetyC-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
McKesson is a name commonly seen in hospitals, but medical supplies are only one of the healthcare industries McKesson leads. It should come without saying that there is a world of opportunity within fortune 10 companies and that opportunity is it's own benefit, but this company values professional development, work/home life, continuity and retirement planning making it an attractive workplace for people at all stages in their professional career. My colleagues with several years of tenure encouraged me to complete my contact period and explained that I will advance quickly. I was promoted within 6 months of starting and I am very pleased that I have stayed. The culture driven by the needs of patients so the work is very collaborative. McKesson has lively Employee Resource Groups including, but not limited to groups for women, PoC and LGBTQ+ all of whom sponsor events on site and wield significant influence.
I have always admired this company for its ethics and growth. After starting as a full-time employee I've discovered it is much harder to transfer or move up (within my department). There seems to be a "who you know" environment, not based on experience or credentials. Also, employees are only allowed 30-minute lunches (this includes clinical staff as well as customer service reps). No real flexibility in schedules. This is a very successful company and they don't offer employee bonuses. Even Walmart offers their employees a Christmas bonus. Would like to see these improvements in this department. I still believe Mckesson as a whole is a great organization.
The McKesson Corporation employs several entities. I am employed under Physician Alliance/US Oncology/Texas Oncology. US Oncology offers perks, including insurance benefits, retirement benefits, paid time off, a floating holiday, and special employee programs to help with finances and mental health. The company uses the SMART goal setting criteria during evaluation, allowing employees to rate themselves as well as management. There is an exit interview when terminating a position under the company which allows management and HR to identify problems and modify as needed. The hourly and salary rates are usually based on the location of the offices and transferring to other locations are encouraged.