No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.45 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.45 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.45 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.45 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.45 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.45 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.45 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.45 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.45 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.45 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.45 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.45 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.45 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.45 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.45 responses
- of employees say the employees are mostly young in age.45 responses
The Mathnasium is a great place to work, especially for college students! The schedule is flexible so you can work around classes and college events. Most positions are part-time and can range from 10 - 25 hours per week, depending on your availability. The pay is good and depends upon your experience and education level. I've worked at two different centers and have had great experiences with the owners and center directors at both locations. They treat you like family and want you to succeed. The Mathnasium Training Model is universal (you go through training when you're hired and then receive periodic refresher training while you are employed) so you can easily move between centers. Employees must pass an employment test ... they only hire instructors that have strong math skills and are able to work with a diverse group of students. If you have "average" math skills, don't bother to apply.
Working at Mathnasium was an experience that changed me. Most of us grow up with an understanding that it is okay to hate math. With Mathnasium, we are slowly changing that philosophy and helping kids get a better understanding of math which in return, makes them LOVE math. My boss is smart, supporting, and encouraging. The hours are extremely predictable and there is always something new going on!
I absolutely love Mathnasium! When I first started, I was uneasy and not completely confident in my abilities to teach and lead. I dreaded the afternoons I worked and came home feeling unaccomplished. The owner was so kind and understanding, and the staff was such a great group of people, but I never got comfortable. About a month ago as a student was leaving, he specifically called me out and told me bye. I couldn't help but smile knowing that I was actually accomplishing something. These kids at Mathnasium make my job worth-while. Although it may sometimes be stressful, I can go home knowing that I have changed their life in some way, just as they are changing mine.