No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 33 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.33 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.33 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.33 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.33 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.33 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.33 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.33 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.33 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.33 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.33 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.33 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.33 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.33 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.33 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.33 responses
- of employees say the employees are mostly young in age.33 responses
The Mathnasium is a great place to work, especially for college students! The schedule is flexible so you can work around classes and college events. Most positions are part-time and can range from 10 - 25 hours per week, depending on your availability. The pay is good and depends upon your experience and education level. I've worked at two different centers and have had great experiences with the owners and center directors at both locations. They treat you like family and want you to succeed. The Mathnasium Training Model is universal (you go through training when you're hired and then receive periodic refresher training while you are employed) so you can easily move between centers. Employees must pass an employment test ... they only hire instructors that have strong math skills and are able to work with a diverse group of students. If you have "average" math skills, don't bother to apply.
I absolutely love Mathnasium! When I first started, I was uneasy and not completely confident in my abilities to teach and lead. I dreaded the afternoons I worked and came home feeling unaccomplished. The owner was so kind and understanding, and the staff was such a great group of people, but I never got comfortable. About a month ago as a student was leaving, he specifically called me out and told me bye. I couldn't help but smile knowing that I was actually accomplishing something. These kids at Mathnasium make my job worth-while. Although it may sometimes be stressful, I can go home knowing that I have changed their life in some way, just as they are changing mine.
I work at the South Windsor Mathnasium tutoring center, and it is an awesome part-time job. I go once or twice per week for 3 - 6 hours to help students from kindergarten to twelfth grade with mathematical topics ranging from arithmetic to single-variable calculus, and I assist sophomores and juniors (some of whom I go to school with) with SAT/PSAT/ACT mathematics preparation. I help middle school students prepare for MathCounts, the AMC 8, and the Math Kangaroo competitions, and I enjoy interacting with the other high school instructors there as well, because we all love helping kids learn mathematics.