About Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.7 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.7 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.7 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.7 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.7 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.7 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.7 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.7 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.7 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.7 responses
- of employees responded with N/A when asked about the ratio of men to women.7 responses
- of employees responded with N/A when asked about the ethnic diversity of the organization.7 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.7 responses
Lionbridge Technologies Inc. Reviews
My experience varied greatly depending on the department and management. Some roles were flexible and allowed working from home, while others gave no flexibility whatsoever. There are lots of politics and internal bad blood, especially with some of the more seasoned staff, but many of the employees are truly amazing. Under-staffing has been a bit troubling at times as it’s led to heavy workloads but it’s not necessarily the fault of the company. There was little to no transparency when I started, but management has made tremendous strides to improve this. Overall, I’m thankful for the opportunity and hope the company continues to improve in the key areas such as work/life balance.
I've worked for Lionbridge as a contractor since 2013 and was taken on as a proper employee in 2017. In that time I've received a 50 cent raise, only when I was taken on as a proper employee. The work is easy and fun, and has actually become more reliable in the last couple years with fewer dry periods that have no tasks (I have been through spells that were a month long), but I would still not treat it as a safe income source when you have bills to pay because you never know when they will decide to suspend you for making a mistake and you never know when the tasks will dry up. They do not seem to promote workers because they only offer one level of position via telecommute, and they prohibit telecommuters from speaking with each other. Leapforce had a chat room for workers to help each other but Lionbridge does not.
Online work environment, without much direction. Huge guideline that is very subjective in nature. No real contact with managers or supervisors. Pay hasn't increased in years.