About Landry's Inc.
Entertainment, Hospitality & Tourism, Restaurant
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.22 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.22 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.22 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.22 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.22 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.22 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.22 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.22 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.22 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.22 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.22 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.22 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.22 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.22 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.22 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.22 responses
About the Area
- Crime & SafetyC
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Landry's Inc. Reviews
Landry's as a whole is a huge corporation set out to make money in the hospitality industry. Sure there are benefits and moments that make working there worth it, but quality in hospitality lacks. Most of the items originate from cheap sweatshop manufactured companies watering down the new emerging dream and reality of the culinary world. Landry's is a parasite to hospitality.
I currently work at a restaurant with in Landry’s Incorporation. The restaurant is called Bills Bar and Burger. I started when it being constructed. It was so interesting and fun to see the restaurant being build and helping out with in the process. The managers are amazing! From our regional manager (Anthony) to our general manager (Aaron). They all are supportive and truly care for the company and the employees.
In the hospitality business, the team you work with makes a big impact on your working environment. The individuals I work with make the job bearable. Otherwise, Landry's Inc. tends to take advantage of their employees. Some complaints would include being charged $20/month to receive fountain drinks on shift and half off food and well as 4 guest when dinning off shift. Also, the owners like to operate their business without ever having stepped foot in many of his locations. Making it frustrating to work for a man who has no respect for your hustle but has full control over it. Just your average cooperate business.