About Kindred Healthcare
Health Care, Human Resources
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 38 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.38 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.38 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.38 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.38 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.38 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.38 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.38 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.38 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.38 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.38 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.38 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.38 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.38 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.38 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.38 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.38 responses
Kindred Healthcare Reviews
I love taking care of patients who require complex nursing care and watching their recovery. Patients who have sometimes spent months in the ICU follow up with a long stay at a LTACH (Long Term Acute Care Hospital) for continued care, physical rehab, speech therapy, and continued complex medical management with daily intervention. We work on a small unit, approximately 50 beds, and have a great relationship with the staff we work with on a day to day basis. We have recently been having a disconnect with management and administration with the staff working on the floor, which has made it much less enjoyable to come to work. Our staff works very well together and continues to strive to give our patients the best care possible, even though it can be extremely difficult at times.
Kindred Healthcare, Inc. is contracted out to a Skilled Nursing Facility where we provided their patients with our rehabilitation services 7 days a week. With this being, we do not really have much interaction with other company employees besides the ones located at our facility. I would like to see more company involvement with this company. I believe that companies thrive better when employees are happy, and employees are happy when they feel appreciated. If the company just took a little time to make employees feel like they are cared about then I think this company would be great, as it has already proven to be growing positively since my arrival.
I have had a terrible experience working for KAH. Management does not address any issues presented. My immediate supervisor, OTR/L, is very unethical, takes advantage of me, and only passes me all of the difficulty or heavy patients. It seems like all that matters is your productivity (which is 35 patients a week). I have had to contact payroll weekly for 3 consecutive months due to issues even though they are clearly provided on a non-client time sheet. Numerous patients state they do not want therapy but, I'm forced to go out still. Be prepared to be overworked, under appreciated and underpaid!!! Also, I was robbed of my territory and now cover 3 counties and have no "set territory." I strongly suggest looking elsewhere unless you want to be working over 45 hours a week and being paid for essentially 35