Food & Beverage, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 107 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.107 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.107 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.107 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.107 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.107 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.107 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.107 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.107 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.107 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.107 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.107 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.107 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.107 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.107 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.107 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.107 responses
Long hours average pay mandatory weekends. Co workers are decent. Benefits for part time workers are nearly non-existent. Little to no support from management. Employee told me today as a newer employee if I don’t like it here there’s the door. I didn’t mind the job I was just fine the change in policy frustrating. Be prepared when you take an entry level position that you will be looked down upon by office workers even if you have the same degree, you will work long hours. However it is cool that they at least offer part time employees some benefits and the store is “employee owned” and you get bonuses if the store turns a profit.
Love the job, the atmosphere, and the people. Hy-vee is a great place to work and I am very happy being employed there. Coworkers and managers are always ready and willing to help when you have questions either about the job or from the customers. Pay is fairly decent for a grocery store, but the great benefits make up for it!
I worked in the deli at one of the Hy-Vee branches and overall was pleased with my experience. I had no difficulty in asking for time off and they were very accommodating with availability. I also enjoyed my coworkers and didn't dread going into work. If I was basing my rating on my experience alone I would have given them 5 stars, however, I know my experience was not universal. Other departments didn't have nearly the freedoms that I had. In addition, they made numerous cuts to other individuals' pay and hours. A woman who had worked for Hy-Vee for over 20 years had her hours reduced from 40 to 25 along with a $3 cut in pay. Another woman, who in my entire time working there did not call out a single time was fired due to there being "too many full time workers" despite the fact the store was hiring and rather desperate for employees. The idea that the business is "employed owned" is a bit dramatic, with its goal to simply be to make money.