About Guitar Center
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.16 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.16 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.16 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.16 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.16 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.16 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.16 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.16 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.16 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly men.16 responses
- of employees say the company is not very diverse.16 responses
- of employees say the employees are mostly young in age.16 responses
Guitar Center Reviews
I like working here a lot. The location I work at is certainly male dominated and as the only female salesperson I felt I needed to prove myself or work harder than other employees. The environment as well as the customer environment wasn't very welcoming to me when I started but I've adjusted well. I'm used to customer assumptions and general pushback when I give product information but I actually think I'm much stronger because of it. I have confidence that was forced to the surface and now I feel I've grown as a person after working here. There was a lot that I wasn't used to, didn't like and maybe still do not like but I confidently know all procedures, formats, processes and can conduct business without hesitation.
The environment is very relaxed and fun. I love my coworkers. My supervisors are always available to help. You get great employee discounts. The benefits for full time employees are great. The way they handle promotions and internal jobs can be kind of odd, and promotions are basically far and few between. The building is very nice, and very easy to find. I really enjoy working here, overall.
The great thing about Guitar Center is that mostly everybody there has a love for music. The job is easy enough and the commission system, while some reform could be useful, is generally pretty fair. The problem is with the management. Management at this location is bullying and they indirectly discourage any sorts of questions simply because they dislike doing their jobs. The regional manager is blissfully ignorant of what goes on at the store level and shows no interest in making our environment any better than it currently is. Schedules change every few days and if employees do not keep up with it, they wil write them up.