General Motors Reviews

My experience so far has been good overall. The people are easy to talk with about changes in the organization.
WORKING FOR GENERAL MOTORS IS VERY INTERESTING. MY SUPERVISORY DOESNT USUALLY CARE ABOUT ME OR MY PERSONAL LIFE. I WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO TAKE MEDICAL LEAVE WHEN THEY DONT WANT TO COME TO WORK. HOWEVER THE MONEY IS GOOD EVEN WHEN THE PEOPLE ARENT SO GREAT. BECAUSE OF HOW GOOD THE PAY IS I WILL STAY FOR A LONG TIME BECAUSE IT SETS MY FUTURE UP FOR SUCCESS. IT SUCKS NOW BUT LATER IT WILL GET BETTER IF I WORK HARD AND SAVE UP.
That I made the cars for GM, the place is very diversified & it's a good friendly place to work at and everyone will help you out if you need something, you get paid every week, which is great. Its a very upbeat place to work though
Start Your Review of General Motors
GM has been a great company to work for so far. Both the benefits and the people have all been very good, compensation is great, and I have made a lot of friends both young and old. Company culture is collaborative, but due to the number of people can feel very corporate. Detroit is certainly not the best city, but it is like any other big city in the way that there are good parts and bad parts of town. GM happens to be in the good parts and it can be really nice.
Great comeback story and a great place to work. Good level of technical work and a good place for college graduates to start their careers.
Flex hours are great. I love the people that I work with. I have made great friendships there. Others will truly love working here as well.
Love the vehicles easy to work on great reliability. General motors makes by far the best vehicles on the road. They are passionate about their customers and want to make sure they are always taken care of.
It is 0k. Mostly For men. Women is not as much. I wouldn’t be a salesman. It’s not as bad as it was in the early 2000.
Solid Place to work for. It can be very physically demanding. The lack of flexibility in hours and also the lack of empathy by management is difficult.
The experience at General Motors was really different than any other job that I had. It helped me develop my character and it is still effecting me. My colleagues were the best people; they loved to help others and they put everyone before themselves. The GM retirees were always a big help to the company and it has been my pleasure to work with them.
A lot of opportunities for growth and pursuit of innovative projects even outside the realm of automotive. People at this company truly care about their products and customers. Higher education is encouraged and supported.
I worked for a company inside of GM called Atco Industries. Atco Industries was an horrible company filled with sexual harassment and other issues in the company. General Motors however seemed to be a pretty good company to work for. The only issues is that the engineers that work there are disrespectful to the employees and are very aggressive and curse.
It's a great job, however, it is not for the faint of heart. The auto industry is fickle and you must be prepared for layoffs, as well as working 2 out of every 3 weekends, or anywhere in between. Excellent benefits.
I really like the atmosphere , it’s very friendly & uplifting. Some of the things I would like to see if the cafeteria area restaurants.
I had a very good overall experience working at the general motors assembly plant. The pay was absolutely amazing, the benefits and health insurance was by far some of the best you could ever get and this was the only job as its kind to give such good benefits to most places. Glad to be a union worker too!
Excellent place. No issues working here.Very fast pace and required long hours. One assignment required to start work on Saturday at 6:00am to 9:00pm. Sunday from 6:00am to 3:00am next day with need to return back to work at 7:00am on Monday for report out to plant manager.
My experiences overall is well. The thing i would change the most is the vacation hours. Extending a day or two or reducing the amount of days per week that we perform would be a great benefit for us and our family.
Start Your Review of General Motors
Opportunity to learn on an ongoing basis, with the empowerment of providing value with all engagements.
I enjoy working here and enjoy the benefits, but it is the auto industry and Lay-offs can come about, but I enjoy my co-workers. I have had the opportunity to get help with my degrees with the assistance program for school. There is an on-site gym and a cafe to buy food. I work at the Detroit Hamtramck location in Michigan.
Great company to work for! Diverse locations may effect one's experience with General Motors but overall great 12 week internship program. Team work is strongly encouraged along with opportunities for growth and learning