About Genentech Inc.
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.6 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.6 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.6 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.6 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.6 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.6 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.6 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.6 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.6 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.6 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.6 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.6 responses
About the Area
- Crime & SafetyC+
Urban Suburban Mix
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Genentech Inc. Reviews
Genentech has been a great company to work for, especially if you are looking into getting into the biotechnology industry. The people here are friendly and encouraging, and the work is very rewarding. You can see how the company is committed to ensuring a better future for mankind as we uncover new ways to treat diseases and unravel genetic technology. The worklife is balanced and there are numerous perks offered at the company. The campus is very beautiful and there are so many opportunities for employees to relax/rejuvenate before returning to work. I would highly recommend this company!
It was a great company to work for. Genentech, Inc., is a global biotechnology corporation and is a member of the Roche Group. They became a subsidiary of Roche in 2009. They have locations in South San Francisco, CA, Vacaville, CA, Oceanside, CA, Hillsboro, Oregon, and Louisville, Kentucky. Each location serves its own unique purpose to the company. The Vacaville site is one of the world's largest manufacturing plants for large-scale production of pharmaceutical proteins from mammalian cells. The Oceanside location is also a biotech manufacturing center but on a much smaller scale. Hillsboro, Oregon serves as Genentech’s west coast distribution center and is the smallest campus of all the company’s sites. South San Francisco includes an advanced research center, does manufacturing operations and various business functions. The company is headquartered in South San Francisco and is also the headquarters for Roche’s pharmaceutical operations in the United States.
Genentech is a great company to work for. It really tries to promote a strong and healthy work environment. Employees can look forward to a gym on campus, many cafeterias, security on campus, onsite daycare, and easy commuting options like using shuttles or busses to travel to and within campus. Genentech also focuses on giving back to the community, promoting STEM careers, helping students from neighboring middle school/high schools become engaged in science. The company has many opportunities and make It possible to move to different roles within the company, allowing growth, horizontal and vertical growth to be possible.