About Family Video
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.10 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.10 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.10 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.10 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.10 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.10 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.10 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.10 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.10 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.10 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.10 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.10 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.10 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.10 responses
- of employees say the company is not very diverse.10 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.10 responses
Family Video Reviews
The pros for this job included: great store management, advancement opportunities, and the chance to make lasting friendships with your coworkers. However the cons for this job are like a never-ending list: mandatory holidays (they're open 365 days a year), no meal or restroom breaks because you work alone 95% of the time, sketchy business locations that make you feel unsafe to leave at the end of the night, a horribly rude and inconsiderate customer basis, minimum wage pay, and constant pressure to promote sale pitches.
I love the people I work with and enjoy interacting with customers. On the other hand, upper management does very little to meet the needs of individual stores, and working shifts alone can be daunting when big issues arise.
Employees are given more responsibility than they are compensated for. It feels as though every employee is an assistant manager except for the pay. Having one employee open and close the store keeps them very busy since they are also helping customers. It is a dynamic that either needs to be reworked by adding more employees or increasing the pay. It is easy to move up into management which is encouraging but also allows for a lot of people that really should not qualify as managers. They are more likely to move up "go-getters" rather than "team players" so you end up with managers that are harsh and seemingly out to get you rather than managers who are supportive in looking for a way to better the store.