Crate & Barrel Reviews

They have great employees there. I feel as if I’m working with family. We treat each other with kindness and respect. This was my first job and I’ve been here for 5 years. I’m lucky to be able to work in an environment like this. Staff treats their employees well and take initiative to teach us things other than work.
Management is key to a successful company. If the management is poor, the employees are less likely to perform at their highest capacity. Hours are long at CB2, and the shifts are generally not as enjoyable due to a lack of strength from the BOH team. Most of the time, everyone is struggling and management doesn't seem to put effort into making sure their employees are having a good day or if they are in the right mental state to handle a laboring job such as this one.
I currently work stock/merchandising for Crate&Barrel and what I love most about working here is the starting salary. Crate pays well above the state mandated minimum wage. Had I not been hired, I would not have been able to pay for the college I'm currently attending. On a more job related note, I really enjoy that the work is very simple and doesn't change much day to day. There is a clear outline of tasks and they're expected to be handled, but there isn't constant oversight by management so you never feel like you're constantly being watched. It's also evident that Crate, as a company, really cares about their employees from the plethora of snacks and meals the company provides for employees just as a way of saying thank-you for making the business possible.
Start Your Review of Crate & Barrel
I would like for more scheduled time to wok so employees can make enough money and not just during the holidays. I do enjoy some of the management team and my coworkers. I like the atmosphere and the way things work as well and being able to learn is another bonus
Very disorganized, with poor communication from all levels of management. The only focus is on numbers and sales, which is frustrating.
Overall an alright place to work, the company itself is great and I have worked with them for a couple years now. I love the job and it comes with great benefits, although I do wish they paid more. The location I was at before made me feel very unappreciated but now that I have transferred I have never been happier! This is a good company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an upbeat workplace. Comes with a good discount and benefits if you are full time and if you stay with the company for a long amount of time they give you gifts.
With a new system in place, everyone is running around with their heads chopped off. Inventory gets lost, people have egos, work is work. There's not much to say about it.
It was a good place to work! The staff is friendly and really care about one another. Hours were always available to those who wanted them and management was pretty flexible/accommodating with schedules.