About Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 218 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.218 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.218 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.218 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.218 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.218 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.218 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.218 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.218 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.218 responses
What one word or phrase best describes the culture?
Based on 218 responsesReport
- of employees are happy to work here.218 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.218 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.218 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.218 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.218 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.218 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.218 responses
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Reviews
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store served as a great first job that exposed me to food service and the public. The scheduling was very flexible, all thanks to my managers who were understanding. For me working and going to school, just knowing that I have the option of calling in when I'm not feeling well takes so much stress and anxiety off. Most of the concerns I had were explicit to my own store and had to do with management issues. I would suggest that the company use more efficient interview tactics, as many people who are hired tend to work for 2-3 weeks before quitting, a cycle that contributes to the overall instability of the work environment. However, Cracker Barrel as a whole is a good company that cares for its workers, which has been shown during the Coronavirus epidemic by giving workers 50% off discounts applicable to both the dining and retail sections.
My overall experience so far has been fantastic! My coworkers have been very kind, helpful, and accepting. The company has their "one best way" which allows the store to run very efficiently. My managers are also very kind, understanding, and willing to help you with any problems or questions you may encounter. There are also many programs within Cracker Barrel to ensure the personal and professional growth of all employees.
There was a substantial amount of online training, yet very helpful. This is a great first job experience. There are strict and necessary rules in place to enforce discipline and how to communicate with the general population. There are many benefits including, but not limited to vacation time, direct deposit after a certain amount of time working there, employee discount, and employee meals. With the exception of multiple items, the menu is constantly changing to please guests and featuring seasonal items.