About Cost Plus World Market
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.12 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.12 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.12 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.12 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.12 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.12 responses
What one word or phrase best describes the culture?
Based on 12 responsesReport
- of employees are happy to work here.12 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.12 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.12 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.12 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.12 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.12 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.12 responses
About the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Cost Plus World Market Reviews
I loved the atmosphere of the place and the products that we sold. Taking down furniture was difficult at times and setting up the store differently for seasons was a task but nothing too crazy. The downside was one of my stores managers. She was rude and had favorites. Never saw anything good in my work ethic and was overall mean in the workplace. Overall though, they are a good company to work for!
I've been an associate at CPWM for 4 years. We sell products that are imported from around the world, ranging from unique candies and snacks to cute clothing/accessories to affordable artisan-made furniture and decor. Products change often and there are always new and exciting offerings. The environment is extremely friendly -- the global ethos of WM attracts fun and curious employees. The stores are small enough to build a strong sense of rapport with coworkers. The job itself is quite dynamic and can involve tasks ranging from building and loading furniture to setting displays in accordance with schematics to hosting food tastings; rarely are any two days exactly the same. Raises are minimal but hard work is absolutely rewarded and there is plenty of opportunity for upward mobility, as promotion is largely from within. Scheduling is up to the individual's availability and highly flexible. Overall, it's a good time and one of the better retail experiences out there.
I have been an employee at Cost Plus World Market for over two years now and I continue to enjoy working in the supportive, friendly group of strong, reliable, intelligent women I learn so much from. I anticipate walking in every day, greeting everyone I know, some of which go to school with me, and putting on that red apron. I have learned so much about customer satisfaction and what it means to achieve a hard-working, customer friendly atmosphere as a group. I look forward to the hustle and bustle of the holidays because we all work together so well. We also get to experience new cultures through the products, both the old and the recently added. It is for sure the best company to work for if you want to feel like you are a part of group of people who easily become some of your closest work friends.