About Cost Plus World Market
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.15 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.15 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.15 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.15 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.15 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.15 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.15 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.15 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.15 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.15 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.15 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.15 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.15 responses
Cost Plus World Market Reviews
I loved the atmosphere of the place and the products that we sold. Taking down furniture was difficult at times and setting up the store differently for seasons was a task but nothing too crazy. The downside was one of my stores managers. She was rude and had favorites. Never saw anything good in my work ethic and was overall mean in the workplace. Overall though, they are a good company to work for!
I've been an associate at CPWM for 4 years. We sell products that are imported from around the world, ranging from unique candies and snacks to cute clothing/accessories to affordable artisan-made furniture and decor. Products change often and there are always new and exciting offerings. The environment is extremely friendly -- the global ethos of WM attracts fun and curious employees. The stores are small enough to build a strong sense of rapport with coworkers. The job itself is quite dynamic and can involve tasks ranging from building and loading furniture to setting displays in accordance with schematics to hosting food tastings; rarely are any two days exactly the same. Raises are minimal but hard work is absolutely rewarded and there is plenty of opportunity for upward mobility, as promotion is largely from within. Scheduling is up to the individual's availability and highly flexible. Overall, it's a good time and one of the better retail experiences out there.
Cost plus world market is a great company to work for. Management at the store level is awesome and the staff truly care to provide a great customer experience. As for job stability, my recent outlook has changed following the events that resulted in an abrupt removal of a few department head store positions. This removal displaced staff that had worked for the company for years. These positions were cut to save money on costs.