No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 21 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.21 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.21 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.21 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.21 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.21 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.21 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.21 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.21 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.21 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.21 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.21 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.21 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.21 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.21 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.21 responses
- of employees say the employees are mostly young in age.21 responses
CityYear showed me how to be a leader in social change. My corps members and I worked in schools organizing after-school programs designed to engage, inspire and create. Outside of our assigned schools, we spent time inside the city conducting community service programs from painting murals to building playgrounds. The true spirit of CityYear was best felt working at the office where through office rituals, we learned the tricks of the non-profit trade. Overall, this Americorps program was a fun, knowledgeable and rewarding experience.
If you are looking for a job that gets you directly working with our youth, City Year is right for you. But, I wish City Year would have been more transparent about what the job actually entails and what you would be doing on a daily basis. Other than that, staff is great and really cares about your success!
The mission is amazing and I love the work I do in the classroom. However, the work/life balance is almost nonexistent, management infrastructure needs to be totally updated, and the company needs to provide more social-emotional teaching resources to corps members.