About Chipotle Mexican Grill
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 231 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.231 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.231 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.231 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.231 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.231 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.231 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.231 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.231 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.231 responses
What one word or phrase best describes the culture?
Based on 231 responsesReport
- of employees are happy to work here.231 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.231 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.231 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.231 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.231 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.231 responses
- of employees say the employees are mostly young in age.231 responses
Chipotle Mexican Grill Reviews
I liked working here, but I realized that this was not a good fit for me. With that said, this could be a dream job for some. Here is what I liked and this is what I did not like. I liked serving customer fresh, delicious ingredients. In addition, I liked all the jobs I worked (server, dishwasher, cook, and cleaner). It was an incredibly fast paced job, and everything you did was incredibly fast paced. There is no time for artsy, Mitchllen star meals, a sparkling clean restaurant, or deeply thought out meals for each individual (Chipotle is all about quickness and efficiency). There is a cost to this kind of business model. The negative side to Chiptole’s business model is that people were not soaking in the pleasure of every ingredient and no one was sitting around for hours (if you did people would stare at you). That doesn’t mean it isn’t for you! I would recommend this to some one who loves being around food, talking to a lot of people, and working extremely fast.
Chipotle has been an amazing place to work at! Everyone I work with is hardworking and motivated especially, the management team. The restaurant is always clean and I have comfort in knowing the health and safety of the customer and myself are in good hands. If I had to change anything it would be to make the "tip jar" more apparent to the customer. While consistent customers know where the "tip jar" is, I regularly stumble across people who don't see it or don't know where it is because it is a metal bin. I am not allowed to mark it a tip jar. For that reason, many customers mistake it for a trashcan or a place to input used gift cards. While Chipotle pays a good wage to its workers, it does not hurt to have a tip bin that is encrypted with the word "tip" so the customer could show their appreciation for the excellent customer hospitality they receive. Chipotle employees break their backs to give off a sense of perfection so an encrypted tip jar sounds pretty good to me.
For one, the manager always ensures that the area is clean. If you want to keep your job, don't just stand there, always make sure you have something to do. Their also pretty strict on hygiene, as you're required to wear gloves for most of the tasks. One thing I like about Chipotle is that they're very lenient when it comes to uniform, and you get free food! You also get tips and although you have to split it, it's good to know you'll be getting something extra even if you're not associating with the customers! Another thing I like a lot is that they offer TONS of opportunities as an employee. From scholarships to discounts on memberships, Chipotle is probably one of the biggest givers I've ever worked with, and I'm proud to say that I'll be working with them for quite a while!