About California Pizza Kitchen
Food & Beverage
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.31 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.31 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.31 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.31 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.31 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.31 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.31 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.31 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.31 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.31 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.31 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.31 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.31 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.31 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.31 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.31 responses
California Pizza Kitchen Reviews
Very good systems in place to theoretically run restaurants efficiently as well as instill a positive work culture. Great training as well, but systems and training not always executed as designed. Poor support for mid-level management. Lower level employees constantly thrown too much work. Upper level management certainly disconnected from individual locations. Comparably to other restaurants CPK is a great place to work as a lower level employee. Good compensation and benefits for mid-level management.
I enjoyed my experience at California Pizza Kitchen. It was the first job I had taken, and it was a good experience for a first job. The work was fast paced and constantly moving, but the pay out was worth it. The workers there were friendly and always willing to help out with extra work. The managers cared about their workers, and made sure that they were doing their jobs the best they could, and cared about their lives outside of the jobs. I had a good relationship with my managers, and they took notice of good work. I was able to experience different jobs within the job, such as busing, food running, hosting, and off site services due to the managers faith in me as a diligent worker. I also had the opportunity to work at a military base and sell food for active military on the 4th of July, which was a unique experience.
I currently work at California Pizza Kitchen and I have no regrets. It was my first part-time job and a fantastic way to break the ice. I've heard so many horror stories about awful managers/employees but never at CPK. I have great relationships with all my managers and all my coworkers as well. It's because of all the incredible staff I have around me that I have a smile on my face every time I clock in. The restaurant is fast paced and there's never a day where I'm bored. The best part? The food is so good! I'm about to hit my two year anniversary and I haven't gotten tired of the food once!