About Brookshire Grocery
Food & Beverage, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.17 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.17 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.17 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.17 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.17 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.17 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.17 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.17 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.17 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.17 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.17 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.17 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.17 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.17 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.17 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.17 responses
Brookshire Grocery Reviews
The first store I worked at was very enjoyable and would get 4 stars. However, when I transferred to the Natchitoches store on the bypass, it was like I worked for a different company. The store director is awful, there were a few people who tried to report him to corporate but they just got blown off and ignored. While I was there we went through basically a whole new management team in almost every department because people could not stand to work for him. I would have left sooner but needed to save money for school. Just terrible that half of the four years I worked for the company were so miserable.
Overall, it's a good company. They treat their employees fairly, for the most part. There are some bad apples, but no company is perfect, and those bad apples are few in number and hard to find. One thing that I think needs to be changed or worked on is managers being more understanding about college students. Studying for a final you have at 8am and working until 9:40 or 10 the night before just doesn't happen. Other than that, I really like the company and the people in work for.
Friendly and helpful employees ,many opportunities in the company .Co-workers become like family members to you. Always make room for there employees to grow. The human resource workers are very helpful and always put their employee needs as their top priority. The transportation workers are always polite and you can always see them driving safely across the town. There are so many locations in our area so there are many job opportunities and the company is steady growing.Also we have great sales on many of our products. The company does have employee discounts.