No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.20 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.20 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.20 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.20 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.20 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.20 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.20 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.20 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.20 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.20 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.20 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.20 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.20 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.20 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.20 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.20 responses
This is easily one of the best companies to work for! Currently, I am attending college and am working part time with easily flexible hours, amazing management that cares about each employee, and so much more! My only complaint however, is the pay being at minimum wage, but this is in no way a major deterrent for anyone trying to apply. In many ways working for this company has also allowed me to improve in my personal life, as I have become more sociable outside of work, and have begun to look at things in my life with differing perspectives that relative to my average day at work, and using these methods to improve drastically.
I love working with energetic, intelligent, and witty people and the Books-A-Million staff is chock full of them! Never a dull moment helping others connect with the right book for them. Also, being surrounded by books is a dream.
The coolest thing about the company are your co-workers. And that, of course, is a random grab-bag. The company itself is shit to its employees, but likes to paint it up to be great because every once in a while they'll give you pencil with the BAM logo on it for free, or something along the lines of that. They press very, very, very hard for membership card and magazine sales, which in itself isn't terrible, but the fact is that if you aren't STELLAR at it, you suffer. You'll never get a raise (and therefore you will be stuck in actual minimum wage, which is 7 dollars in my state) and still be doing a LOT of backbreaking work, running around to help managers keep the store clean and tidy and stocked because employees keep quitting.