About BJ's Wholesale Club
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 41 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.42 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.42 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.42 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.42 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.42 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.42 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.42 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.42 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.42 responses
What one word or phrase best describes the culture?
Based on 42 responsesReport
- of employees are happy to work here.42 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.42 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.42 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.42 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.42 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.42 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.42 responses
BJ's Wholesale Club Reviews
To give credit where credit is due, the company culture is very welcoming and friendly as it should be. The technology, however, is sub-par at times, and the coupons, for example, cause much headache. This inadequate technology causes a bit of workplace dysfunction, it is not uncommon to have stressful work days because of this. Making all coupons clip-less, instead of just some, could easily fix a major part of this problem. Aside from this, updating the registers may be a costly expense at first, but as any introduction to business class will tell you, it will pay off very quickly once workplace efficiency is increased.
It's been amazing experience thus far and I encourage others to try it out as a first job! It provides plenty of room for people to grow, especially college/high school students.
I had an exceptional experience working for BJ's. In the retail world it definitely varies from store to store, because I have heard horror stories from employees at other clubs, but I was one of the fortunate ones. All management seemed to be on the same page, they struck a good balance between insisting on professional uniformity and working with you on an individual level to make sure you succeeded. They might not always be able to accommodate your needs (like certain days off, shift changes, etc), but they ALWAYS tried. Lots of room for advancement as they were always posting openings internally and encouraging people to apply.