About Big Y Foods
Food & Beverage, Retail
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.16 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.16 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.16 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.16 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.16 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.16 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.16 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.16 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.16 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.16 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.16 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.16 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.16 responses
Big Y Foods Reviews
Big Y is a fantastic job for teenagers/young adults with busy schedules. You can submit a form giving your current availability (can be a couple 4 hour shifts a week) and they will give you the hours. Easy to learn jobs and unbelievably friendly management. For anyone looking for a more serious occupation, this is not it. Due to the high employee turnover, almost all employees are part time, and there is little in terms of benefits. Pay increases by maybe 25 cents/year and there is little room for upward mobility within the company.
My boss is great, very accommodating with hours and helps to work my hours around my college classes and sports schedule. Some coworkers are great others not so great workers but all are good people. It is not a job that i would want for the rest of my life but has been a good way to make money during the school year, a great work experience for me and has taught me to be a little more outgoing and talkative with customers.
This company is literally great for any age. I started when I was 15. I worked after school and then when I finished High school I kept working there. They have a pretty great support system here and your ESR usually really care about you. This company makes you feel valued! So when I went to college they have this amazing program called student leave. As long as you come back within a year even if it is 1 day you can "renew" your student leave for another year. So on college breaks I came back and worked without having to do a bunch of paper work. Then when I finished college I had an immediate job to come back too. They do a lot of cross training! I have been trained in 7 different departments and needless to say there is always hours for me! This company is pretty great!!