Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Reviews

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is a great place to work. There is so much diversity. There are employees who travel from all over the United States and overseas to work there. Everyone gets along great and work well very well together. The team work and communication is always on point and that is a couple of key factors of how Beth Israel operates so well. We want all of our patients and their family member to feel welcome and heard. We want them to feel at ease and know they are in great hands every time they come in, whether it is for a simple check up, immunizations or any invasive or noninvasive procedures.
Schedule and compensation should be a much streamlined and some areas of the hospital needs some serious improvement.
Location of office varies in distance with the main hospital and I wish that was not the case.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) is a phenomenal, patient-centered hospital that is situated in the Boston area. BIDMC hosts an atmosphere and professional culture that coalesces into an incredible experience.
Start Your Review of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
average place to work. everyone is friendly for the most part. things can be slow or fast paced. just depends on the day.
So far my experience here has been excellent. I came from another health center where I was underpaid and overworked. Here I am paid appropriately in so a little overworked but I'm OK with it.The patients in this community Really need the assistance and help So I don't mind helping in any way I can.
It is amazing! The people I work with, and the friendly atmosphere truly makes it a place I want to go back to every day. The only thing that i would change would be to provide free parking - especially for the patients because it does get very expensive.
Working at Beth Israel is very difficult but rewarding. The patients are typically very cranky and always ready to correct any mistakes they see, considering most of our patients either work in another hospital or have been referred to one of our doctors. Nevertheless providing outstanding and extraordinary service is what we do best and the gratitude from our patients is just as rewarding as our paycheck.
I worked in the Emergency Department at BIDMC for one year. Being that it is a level-one trauma center in a large city, a certain amount of chaos is expected. In general, I loved my experience there. However, it does demand a certain life-style. The hours are long and much of your shift is spent on your feet, at least in my position. In my department, the management was terrible. This was due mostly to poor communication and unrealistic expectations.
I love this medical center because it really follows their mission of patient first. In my experience, all employees do their absolute best to increase the patient satisfaction and overal patient experience.
Beth Israel is an amazing place to be both as a patient and as an employee. Everyone takes their job seriously and there is a great teamwork environment where doctors, nurses and support staff are all friendly and work together respectfully. There is also an amazing work-life balance with flexible scheduling around prior commitments and frequently accommodating school demands. There are also other amazing benefits such as health insurance at an extremely low cost. While there are limits on the growth of an employee many times caused by lack of education (such as moving into a nursing position from a support staff position), there is room for growth from an entry level position to a managerial one. I would encourage others to become part of this company and team.
My floor was very team oriented and everyone was willing to help each other out. However, there was not much interaction between various patient care roles (between doctors, nurses, and nursing assistants) and hierarchy between such positions was quite pronounced and occasionally even somewhat disrespectful.
Accepting a job at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center was by far the best choice I could've made. Within the first two weeks of working here I learned new skills, medical information and so much more from the entire staff. I felt welcomed right away and I felt comfortable with all of my co-workers. Beth Israel is an excellent hospital for teaching along with being able to grow as a person and become comfortable with tasks that you did not think you could do. Whenever you have a question, worry, or concern someone is always willing to help you, and you are never alone.
It's not a bad company, but you will run into disgruntled employees at certain departments, such as the Cashiers. I have only run into two cashiers that didn't seem like they hated their position. Otherwise, most people are willing to help you, such as Mailroom staff and administrative staff.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is a supportive employer with great benefits and fair/competitive pay. Located at Longwood Medical Area, it is easy to get to with many public transportation options.
I like that I have the opportunity to help other regarding their health. I think that it'd be nice if the distribution of the work would be more equal.