About Barnes & Noble
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 172 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.172 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.172 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.172 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.172 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.172 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.172 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.172 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.172 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.172 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.172 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.172 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.172 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.172 responses
- of employees say the company is mostly women.172 responses
- of employees say the company has average diversity.172 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.172 responses
Barnes & Noble Reviews
I love the environment, store discount, and flexible hours this job provides a busy college student like me! The management at my location genuinely cares for its employees and work with you to meet your scheduling needs. The only thing I would like to see change is training out on the floor. While I did receive training, I did not receive a sufficient amount. My actions out on the floor and interacting with customers in the beginning definitely could have been smoother in the beginning had I been allowed to shadow others and given extended training.
Working at Barnes and Noble has been a professional experience that I will carry with me forever! All of the managers and co-workers are incredibly friendly and always ready to offer assistance whenever it is needed. Managers have never failed to work with my student schedule and are always understanding if there are any problems. The work is customer-oriented and gifted me with wonderful work experience and great co-workers.
I loved working at Barnes & Noble! The co-workers are some of the nicest, genuine people I've met. The job itself was quite stressful, as I was a barista and we were quite understaffed when I was employed there. Although, communicating with customers was rewarding, especially when they would recognize how I would be working 9 hour shifts completely alone multiple times a week as a 16 year old high school student during the school year and reassure me that I was performing well. I worked 25-31 hours per week there; and that's just during the school year! I worked well over 40 hours in the summers, when all I was hired for was 15-20 hours. This eventually was the reason I left after management failed to fix the complaints I had about this. All in all, Barnes & Noble is a very chill, nice environment to work in; if you're a) a bookseller or b) a barista who isn't apart of a workplace in which you are seriously understaffed! I would definitely go back if I wasn't overscheduled anymore!