No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.96 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.96 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.96 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.96 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.96 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.96 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.96 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.96 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.96 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.96 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.96 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.96 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.96 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.96 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.96 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.96 responses
I loved the job itself, and I started out with fantastic management, but it became clear that when seasoned and quality management left or moved, the focus was to place whoever was immediately available with the highest sales floor numbers. This means overconfident young people with little experience and no capacity for leadership or respect for policy. The union is amazing and underutilized, and did everything they could for me when management began abusing and breaking policies in favor of authoritarian methods, but in the real world when all of your local management is self-interested it's easy to bend policies against you even with a great union. Was very sad to leave, but couldn't enjoy my work any longer.
Some good, some bad. Parts of the company are innovative, parts are not. Opportunities for promotion are generally limited. Flexible with work locations and sometimes remote work. This has been changing recently. Executives have pursued a strategy which is different from company's original purpose, and it remains to be seen whether this will pan out. In the short term, it has put a real squeeze on budget and operations. Legacy business and operations are being reengineered or discontinued to require less employees. A questionable marketing strategy is being pursued in the wireless market. There is a lot of investment upcoming with the deployment of 5G.
AT&T is a great company to work for. You get paid hourly plus commission. Also the company is so structured and supported by the union that there is no room for foul play from management that you can come across from other employers. If you get hired on as a part-time employee you pretty much get to make your schedule and if you get hired on as a full-time employee you get to enter your preferred days off which is amazing! Lot's of vacation time as well with great medical benefits.