No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.6 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.6 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.6 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.6 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.6 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.6 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.6 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.6 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.6 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.6 responses
I work in the finance department for Amtrak in Philadelphia. I did not envision myself working on Excel, or SAP Financial earlier in my career because I made up my mind that I was not going to do anything too difficult. Once I was tired of my previous job I realized I needed a challenge and I was going to work as hard as possible and be willing to struggle if it helped me advance my career and education. Working at Amtrak does multiple things for me as a person. First, it built the confidence to go back to college and compete for my graduate degree. Secondly, it prepares me for my own business by assisting me with the understanding of the economics surrounding capital investment, and real estate. I think Amtrak was a great decision for my growth. Unknowingly, my decision has made me want to stay employed here and not just be a business owner. In life we get out our beds to do something as long as we are satisfied by the results. Amtrak is forward thinking.
Working at Amtrak gave me diverse experience in sales, office conduct, and customer service. I was compensate very well which allowed me to help pay for my education.
Amtrak has a great work environment because the Supervisors are so friendly and down to earth. The office is professional and clean. There are lots of incentives for working hard and making sales. I've won an AMC gift card, thermos, etc. The pay is good.