No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
What's the most unique benefit or perk?
Based on 46 responsesReport
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.46 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.46 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.46 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.46 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.46 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.46 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.46 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.46 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.46 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.46 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.46 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.46 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.46 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.46 responses
- of employees say the company is somewhat diverse.46 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.46 responses
My experience with AmeriCorps has been one of great growth. I have been in this program for three years, and was selected to help GRAD Cincinnati as their AmeriCorps VISTA (GRAD is a nonprofit that centers to help high school students get ready for their pathway of choice (college, career, military, or trade school)). This program has exposed me to different schools, and each school has a different learning environment for its students. I have learned to locate the students needs and understand what I can do to help them in their environment. I have done research on how to help students with their GPA, ACT scores, and FAFSA/Scholarship needs. I was given training on how to understand the environment I am helping, how to gain volunteers (volunteer mobilization) and grant writing to help the nonprofit I serve gain good capacity building and sustainability. I am confident that the skills I have learned while serving in AmeriCorps has helped me become a better professional.
I highly enjoyed my experience, great professional development! I was able to attend several conferences during my time as an Americorps member. In addition I worked with other members and supervisors who had a ton more experience in the field than I do. I learned so much from them including grand writing skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, organizational skills, and more. I will be forever grateful for this position.
My experience working with Americorps was amazing. Not only did I learn so much from working with students of varies ages, but it motivated me to keep striving for my goal of becoming a teacher. I wouldn't change anything about it!