About Academy Sports + Outdoors
No job listings match your search criteria.
Pay & Benefits
- of employees say healthcare coverage is good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees say retirement benefits are good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees say the family leave policy is good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees say paid time off/vacation days are good or excellent.39 responses
- of employees believe their work helps make the world a better place.39 responses
- of employees say it's easy to work remotely.39 responses
- of employees say schedules are predictable.39 responses
- of employees say taking vacation is encouraged.39 responses
- of employees say the workplace is parent friendly.39 responses
- of employees are happy to work here.39 responses
- of employees say coworkers socialize.39 responses
- of employees think their coworkers are smart.39 responses
- of employees like their coworkers.39 responses
- of employees say the ratio of men to women is about 50/50.39 responses
- of employees say the company is very diverse.39 responses
- of employees say the employees are diverse in age.39 responses
Academy Sports + Outdoors Reviews
I love working here because of my coworkers. We all work so well together. Everyone puts in there part, mos of the time. The only thing that could change is the management to be more understanding towards the part timers, which is what most young people are there. They don’t care as much for the part timers needs over the full timers. They could also work more with people who have another’s job besides that one. Other than those small negatives it’s all overall a great place to work at! If you’re a good employee it’s a stable and long lasting job.
I like the fact that the managers are very flexible with the schedules which is perfect because I am a college student. Most of their staff are college students! What I would like to see change in getting rid of favoritism, always giving the customer what they want even though it's technically not allowed, and getting rid of second chances.
The positive things about working for Academy Sports + Outdoors is that they hire many college students, and work around your availability. Academy also does a lot of promoting from within the company. Six months from your begin date you could be promoted to a team lead position, making more money and receiving full-time benefits. Awesome ! The one thing I would love to see is a more diverse staff. Having a staff full of diversity would give Academy Sports + Outdoors a more warm and welcoming appeal.