Ypsilanti Reviews

Decent place to live. The close proximity to Ann Arbor is nice. Ypsilanti is a diverse and historic city that has been forgotten in recent years. It is home to Eastern Michigan University and is home to some very notable alumni.
Amazing city! It is a friendly and up in coming city. Lots of arts, music and culinary. I love living in the Ypsilanti area.
I have been living in Ypsi for a little over 3 years now. It's an okay place to live. My rent isn't terrible, but they could definitely give a little more for what you pay for some of these apartments. It is a college town and not too far from UofM, so you can find things to do if you look for them. I don't too much care for the look of the city. I can't wait to graduate and get out of here.
Start Your Review of Ypsilanti
Ypsi's not as bad as a lot of the rich kids in Ann Arbor say. I moved there in my senior year of college because the rent was way cheaper, so that's a positive. There are some hidden gems (mostly food) and the EMU campus is pretty cool. My main issue is that there are plenty of car break-ins in midtown, so it makes me unwilling to park on the street. I also don't go outside in the dark alone just out of habit, so I can't comment on how safe I actually feel, but A2 wasn't much better.
Ypsi gets a bad rep due to the proximity to better overall Ann Arbor. But it's actually a pretty quaint city. Speaking as someone from arguably one of the worst cities in MI, Flint, the city is very diverse and relatively safe. Night life is about what you would expect in a smaller city. Housing can be iffy but again, I blame the closeness to Ann arbor. Overall, ypsi is a decent place to live.
It is a small city with a big heart. I love the diversity you find here. Amazing libraries, schools, coffee shops, hole in the wall restaurants.
This is my hometown. I was born and raised here and I went to elementary school, middle school, and high school right here in this town. It is all I knew and I will forever love it as my home city, the foundation in which I began my life. Yes, safety has been an issue, especially in recent times. I do agree that there needs to be renovations and more community support to avoid the violence that has been taking over this beautiful city. Ypsilanti will always and forever be where my parents came from overseas, to go to Eastern Michigan University, to meet, get married, and to start their family. So I will forever be grateful.
Ypsilanti is my hometown. Ypsilanti is diverse, upcoming city. Every year the city is getting better and better. Ypsilanti Community Schools District is very promising for children. There are so many opportunities for the children that go to Ypsilanti Community Schools District. Whether that is a college program, and internship, jobs or clubs. For example, the Ypsilanti Community School robotics team has had the honor to travel to China and a robotics competition. The city of Ypsilanti comes alive in winter because that when Eastern Michigan University which is located in the city of Ypsilanti has a lot of events going on. It's very easy to get an internship at Eastern Michigan University because it works so closely with his community and Ypsilanti Community School District.
It is an absolutely beautiful city. My wife and I live just down the street from depot town and downtown. We often walk through a beautiful trail that goes right along the river to go visit the restaurants during the summer. We're moving next month and we are really going to miss this place. I
Ypsilanti is a diverse community. With having EMU we have all kinds of people and you are not to far from something exciting to do. There are parks, rivers and lakes visit, breweries and low key bar scenes. It's also not to far from down town ann arbor.
Everyone is artsy and friendly. The farmer's market is great, and Depot Town is so cute! And if you like unique ice cream flavors, no place is better than Go! Ice Cream Parlor.
The only downside is the level of crime.
Its a very small town where many people know each other, especially if you grew up here. Long family lineage. It's not the most uptown city but near the campus and depo town you can find a few city delights.
I have lived in Ypsilanti all my life. I have moved from the area near Willow Run, over to the other side, Golfside. I have gone to school in Ypsilanti for my whole life. I always told myself that I would never be stuck in this city. Yet here I am. I don't hate Ypsilanti, but I am a little sick of it.
A small, quirky and quaint city/college-town. Many open-minded and community-oriented people live or visit here. It is a relatively safe place, with a lot of history and fun things to do!
A wonderful college town and close to Ann Arbor, which provides many forms of entertainment. Cost of living is reasonable to other college towns.
I love Depot town and all the festivals in the summer. There's always something to do! It's easy to get around and there's always parking.
The atmosphere in Ypsilanti is great. People think that it is a scary town full of crime but it's quite opposite! I enjoy the community. There is always something that can be done.
Start Your Review of Ypsilanti
I've been attending Eastern Michigan University, the college in this city for 4 years now. Last year, I loved the community here so much, I took action and moved here while focusing on my undergraduate degree. The community in this town is like no other, I love it here. Ypsilanti is my home.
okay but would like to go back to Chattanooga Tennessee It was more claim and complex. Having a baby and this doesn't have a family up bringing vibe here
Ypsilanti is a town outside of Ann Arbor that houses many students. It is nice to live here if you go to the university but it also is not a place to go out at night.