Westwood Reviews

Small, quiet town. Very good for kids in terms of education: good schooling, but it also a small town, so everyone is closer. There are still a number of restaurants and shops, but there is also the retail part of things at University Station, which is far enough away from the main part of town.
Great Town Outside the City. The town majority is Conservative which is great because you get hard working people who are educated. The teachers are 50/50 politically, and a great school system. Drinking during freshman year at Westwood High, but in reality so does it in every town.
Great small town with an easy commute to Boston. Public schools are very good as well. I enjoy living here very much. Westwood is a very safe community as well.
Start Your Review of Westwood
I wish I saw Westwood as perfectly as everyone else seems to. I know, it's an amazing place to grow up, but the Westwood Bubble (tm) has its downsides. Many kids grow up unaware of the wider world around them, unaware or insensitive to the needs of others, and their behavior reflects it. If you live in Westwood, I implore you, take a moment outside the Bubble and look at the world around you. It might feel uncomfortable to recognize how flawed the world is (and how flawed our education on that is), but we can't live our lives believing that the world is like Westwood.
Westwood has a good school system; it's nice, quiet but not a very diverse town. The people are generally fairly nice, and the town is pretty small, so it does not have many restaurants, but there are still a few places.
I grew up in Westwood and recently graduated from Westwood High School. I was accepted to several colleges including Northeastern University, Villanova University, and University of Massachusetts Amherst. The reason my parents chose to live in Westwood is due to the great public school system. There is a high demand for real estate in this town because of its location and school system. University Station opened for business within the last few years. It is a large shopping area located near the Rt. 95 Westwood Amtrak station. The one downside is the lack of sidewalks. Overall, it's a great place to live.
Since moving here, I have made friends and find everyone I interact with to be very friendly. While traffic can be touchy given the town has access to a major highway artery, otherwise, it is a very suburban town outside of Boston. The business district is distinctly separated from the rest of the town, which gives it a more bucolic feel.
Westwood has a great education system. The primary focus of extracurriculars is sports which wasn't that helpful for someone like myself who is part of the arts programs. That being said the arts program that we have is amazing nonetheless.
I've lived in Westwood all my life and I've always found it be very convenient because it's right outside of Boston and the train station is nearby in two locations. I also valued their schooling and it's a very friendly environment.
The town of Westwood Massachusets is a small quaint suburb on the outskirts of Boston, around 40 minutes away. Westwood is home to many people who could be described as "urban sophisticates". Urban sophisticates are people who are both educated and wealthy, and thus tend to be older, richer, and more established than young professionals. Westwood is a good choice for families with children because of the town’s great public school district and overall crime rate is lower than average for the country. There is now The University Station, an outdoor mall, and also supports a lot of small businesses.
Very low for the area
extremely expensive in some cases but most people find it worth it
there is never any crime here, neighbors are friendly
crime is almost never an issue here, sometimes parties are loud but that's it
many wealthy neighbors, increasing Asian population due to excellent schools
I feel very safe in this area, there's always police patrolling, your likely to see at least one every time your driving through town. The police really don't have much to do in Westwood besides breaking up underage drinking parties.
Westwood is a nice, small suburb about 20 minutes outside of Boston. It isn't the most exciting town, however with the recent opening of a next shopping plaza, University Station, there is more attraction to this town. If I could live here again, I would. Westwood is a great town to grow up in, it's very safe with a great school system and it isn't far from the city.
Start Your Review of Westwood
Crime levels seem to be getting worse
The town I have grown up in and still spend my college breaks is a very relaxed suburban town. It is tough that there is nothing really to do in this town but the residents all get together and try to at least have fun and play some sports and go out to dinner once and a while.
No crime at all. Police are over-protective and aggressive.