Watertown Reviews

Watertown is convenient but that's about it. The people there are unfriendly and many are downright hostile. I lived there over 20 years. My neighbors didn't even know my name. One of my neighbors used to threaten to call the cops on me every time I walked by with my dog. That never happens where I live now. Don't expect a welcoming atmosphere in Watertown unless you are the right social class. It's just too snobby there. Maybe the East End is better than where I was. I am not sure. I used to see some of the kids sulking while they walked home from school. They looked miserable. Also, the population density is so high that there's absolutely no privacy at all. I'm glad I left.
So far so good feel safe so far and it has good people but some people are rude in terms of driving it is very expensive to live. One bedroom costs close to 2700 and it has so many more expensive units. Comunication is not bad so far. Hdugdgdhdhdhdhdhdhdhhdhdhdhdhhdhdhxhxhxhxhxhhxhxhxhhxhxhxxhhxhxhxhxxhhxhxhxhxxhhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhhxhxxhxhxhhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhhxhxhxhxhxhxxhhhxhxhxhxhhhxhxhxhhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhxhhxhxhxhx
We moved here as young professionals for the short commute. Our long term plan was to move to a suburb with higher ranked schools, but we've fallen in love with Watertown! There is an amazing sense of community, strong diversity, great public places, world class restaurants, and a remarkably short commute to Boston. We look forward to to raising our kids here for many years!
Start Your Review of Watertown
The roads are poorly maintained and our town has a town manager but uses a city charter and operates without input from citizens of Watertown ma
Watertown is a historical town with many opportunities and is ideally located next to Boston. Relatively safe, it has burdensome traffic which exacerbates many long commutes. Rental and home values have been increasing, making Watertown increasingly affordable to those with means.
As a current resident, I can tell you Watertown is a lovely place to live. The schools are fantastic, everything is nearby, and it's such a safe area. It's a very easy commute from Watertown to Boston and Cambridge.
It's a great place to live. It is close to cambridge but rent is a little more affordable and often times get more space. It feels safe and there are good restaurants.
Nice area with many things to do, not to mention close to Boston! Lack of highway access can be a pain and the construction noise isn't the best, but it will all go toward improving the town!
Watertown is a great place to send your kids to school. In addition to this, the proximity to Boston is a great advantage. I would highly recommend living here.
I have lived in Watertown for 8 years and I have loved it the entire time. It is an incredibly safe area close to recreation areas and many great small (non-chain) restaurants. There are buses that run the entire town that make it easy to get to Boston hubs.
Safe quiet area. Fast response from emergency services (had a tree down blocking the street during a nor'easter). Good restaurants, still close to the city for a night out. Only inconvenience is the winter night street parking ban.
I love Watertown! I love the Armenian shops and all the diners. We have the Charles River Bike path and pool, Mt. Auburn Cemetery, a beautiful library and many parks. Atrium School is amazing.
Watertown is a quaint place and a nice escape from the business of Boston. Street parking in non-winter months is key too.
Watertown is more quiet and less crowded area than Boston itself. But there are all the types of shops, services, public places for the comfort of Watertown’s residents.
I love Watertown because I feel it balances having a calm neighborhood, while still having lots to do. I can walk to a nail salon, the library, pizza shops, etc. For families with children, there's at least four parks in walking distance from each other and the schools aren't too far apart either. The Watertown Public Library is one of the most beautiful libraries I've been to - it also has lots of ways for people of any age to get involved (children's story time, teen game/craft nights, movie showings, book clubs for varied ages, classes, author talks, summer reading, etc.).
I love living in Watertown. It is close to Boston. The schools need to be updated. The physical state of the High School is not good. The teacher at the High School are great.
Watertown is a very family-friendly town, with many small, locally owned businesses and restaurants throughout the town. Being a suburb of Boston, it makes getting into Boston easily accessible while still being able to have a back yard.
Start Your Review of Watertown
Watertown is a very convenient suburb of Boston. I like the location - it is great for transit and driving. It is a very family friendly town. What I don't like about Watertown is how industrial some parts can be.
It would be an improvement to have more high end restaurants in the area. There is no major issue with the current food options, but it would be nice to have some more upscale places with which to grab a meal.
I really like living in Watertown. I love the public library. I wish the roads in my neighborhood are better.