Washington Reviews

I have lived in Washington for 5 years now. Its a small town feel but offers more than a small town. It is not too big but lacks extra amenities of a larger city. Clean. Well maintained. Schools are great. Good neighborhoods. Strong community support. Very affordable. Not a long drive to Iowa City, Des Moines, other larger areas.
I love how nice the people are. Super nice town to rise my children. I feel safe here than other places I have lived.
Washington is a very small active community. In Washington, we have farmers markets every Thursday in our town square. We also do everything we can to help support our local businesses. I would like to see our town have a place for teenagers and the youth to hang out and have fun together.
Start Your Review of Washington
Washington has always been a great community and over the past few years seems to be getting even better! There has been a lot of progress made and more to come. Our schools are fantastic, our downtown square is one of, if not the nicest in the state, and we are in the process of building a new YMCA/Wellness park to name a few great things. If we could get some new housing and some more high quality employers to move to town Washington would really take off!
A moderately small town with many opportunities and nice people. The neighborhood is cozy and the town square offers many services. I like the celebrations and town events that show up every once in a while.
I've spent many summers visiting my grandparents here and currently live in the same home my mother was raised in. I've always considered Washington a safe haven after visiting 10 countries in my life, although I can't say Washington is Mayberry like anymore!
Washington is a beautiful small town. Everyone is friendly and there is lots to do. Our schools are great and the staff really cares about us.
Its a plain town and needs more to do.
You do not hear of crime much in this town. if you do it is petty little crimes nothing to be worried about. And which that is the best one could ask for around here.
The weather here is typical Iowa weather. You occasionally hear of a severe snow storm or tornado but nothing other than that.
They hire high school students and over work and under pay them just so they can make more money for their business.
The only place you really have to eat around here are McDonalds and Subway. You can not really have a favorite dish when all there is to eat is fast food. There really is not a variety.
You can not get everything you need in this area you have to drive thirty min. to get most things you need because our town only offers the bare minimum.