Washington, D.C. Reviews

The attractions have great history! Definitely an early 30's early 40's city. Plenty of place to eat and see. The traffic is my only concern. Traffic is always tight. not sure if creating more roads or allowing laws to limit vehicle access. Regardless, if you like waiting on a highway for 45 minutes to drive 3.5 miles then be my guest! Capital of the country- still pretty remarkable!
I love being in DC because of all the different things there are to do. It's a piece of history and always has something interesting going on. DC has something for everyone. There are nice parks, good restaurants, fun clubs, and every museum you could think of.
It's a really interesting place to live. Lots going on. It has a lot of problems including gentrification and economic inequality, but overall a pretty nice place.
Start Your Review of Washington, D.C.
Transportation is very easy to access, lots of stores for necessities and restaurants to eat at, its everywhere. Gentrification have change a lot of the areas between Shaw- Howard and Mount Vernon neighborhood. The numbers of homeless have gone down. At night, its pretty calm and quite.
I want stores to be open later, as well as have more free options for those under 21. It is really frustrating as a college student to deal with so many overpriced items.
I love waking up riding the train to school. it gives me a nice of independence. it makes me feel like I'm growing upend taking on responsibility's I love it.
I love the National Mall, it is a very beautiful place to be. It has a very great scenery. I love the people here in Washington DC. They are so friendly. Transpiration is the best, no matter where you need to go you can get on the Metro. I love seeing the tourist on the Metro and exploring Washington DC. It makes me happy knowing that its on many people's bucket list to come visit the Nations Capitol.
I grew up in south west Washington dc my entire life. it is all that I know. lucky for me I didnt live in the " hood" I lived in a good area with good people. I love dc culture the dances, the mumbo sauce, the people the metro. Dc is very easy place to commute my favorite thing about DC
I am a native Washingtonian born and raised and it's a very interesting place to live. All the different attractions draw thousands of tourists and residents all year round.
The free museums in Washington D.C provide a great environment for children and adults as an activity. The problem of growing expenses for residency is a bit much but over all the city is nice and welcoming.
There is a high crime rate in Washington, D.C. I personally was a victim of an assault as a tourist prior to me moving here. My other issue is the metro train station closes early so it's difficult for many late night workers to travel home.
A very diverse city, full of life. Meeting interesting people from all around the world and sharing passions. Everyone in DC has an interesting story and unique perspectives of the world. The buildings are all beautiful and historic. I spend most of my time at unique coffee shops, working, and chatting. The beautiful parks are great for staying active. A wonderful work/life balance in the Nation's Capital.
I have resided in Washington DC for over 30 years . I have learned a lot about my city . The white house is located here long with the Washington Monument , Holocaust meausene and the nations could capitol
The area is diverse with friendly people
with a lot of restaurants, museums and clubs to visit which will keep you busy and occupied. Never get bored living in Washington dc
I love D.C.. The people here are incredible, the food is amazing, great culture, and everywhere is easily accessible because of metro/bus.
I liked the sights you see in DC, rich in history. It’s museums, parks, cherry blossoms, city tours, nightlife and how things are metro accessible. The improvements I’d like to see is in the metro fare it’s $2 for the metro buses with 1-2 hrs transfers but the metro rails prices vary depending one where your going and that’s pricey why not just be $2 flat rate for both.
Washington is a great city for young professionals to make a start in their careers, particularly in the field of public policy. While affordability can sometimes be an issue, residents certainly receive significant returns on their investment from living in D.C.
Start Your Review of Washington, D.C.
Washington, DC offers great education, health care and social events/programs however organization and professionalism is not a strong suit in most business establishments.
People friendly, lot of museums, all ways something to do, places to go, it is a diverse place to live, Ienjoy the public transportation because you don't have to have a car to live on dc you can just hop on the train or bus to get just about anywhere
I have grown up outside of DC and moved to the city for school. I was always in love with the city and it was fantastic visiting for day trips and for special occasions. There are museums and restaurants for every liking and every price point as well. My personal favorite is the Newseum, which features the history of Journalism and New production. There is an entry fee but it is well worth it. Plus, they have a student discount.