Walker Reviews

Walker is a very tight knit community that is very proud of the students they are raising. Walker businesses do anything and everything they can do to support the schools/students in the area.
Walker is a small city that is ever growing. We have very good schools that strive to make the city a better place for everyone. Involvement is key to any good community and is important for the people who live in Walker. We are just outside of Baton Rouge which means a little less energetic but not too far away from malls, shopping center, up scale restaurants, and movie theaters etc.
Walker is such a great place to live!! It has a lot to offer, we have parks to walk and watch youth play sports. Great places to eat and shop. It is a safe place to raise your family without worrying about crime. I have lived her almost 10 years and love it. I have 2 horses on a farm that I get ride and compete with.
Start Your Review of Walker
I love the area! I have a kindergarten in the school district and we both love it. Safe neighborhoods. My only compliant is that there is really no where for night life and no good places to get home cooked meals.
I love Walker! It has that small town feel with excellent schools from elementary to high school. The community is growing and has good shopping and food industries which continue to grow. There are some good career choices but a lot of people commute to Baton Rouge or Hammond.
My experience in Walker is pretty good. I love the school system that the have in place. And not to mention that Walker High School is an "A" rated school. I love seeing the city of Walker improving and building more buildings and fixing th roads for traffic reason. But, most of all I'm proud of the upgrades that are happening to Walker High School.
House was broken into Dec. 2015.
Not my cup of tea. Feels too provincial.
People on the street are nice and so are my neighbors. A great school system.