Waialua Reviews

What I loved about this place was that it was small, so it felt more home-ish and country. They have beaches nearby, many place to dine and to shop. I really don't like how it was constructed with more places but I understand why they would need to, it just it looks too busy.
I live in the nearby Haleiwa Town but I went to school in Waialua. Everyone here is wonderful and kind. The food selection is delicious. Most importantly for me, the night sky here is the most beautiful I have ever seen.
Waialua is a small friendly community. I've grown up here my whole life. Everybody is practically family.
Start Your Review of Waialua
love waialua. its just that when heavy rains come, it floods at least 2 feet of water. other than that its quiet and beautiful.
Plan on getting treated like dirt if you move here and look different than most locals. They will hate you. Some will be quiet about it, others overtly hostile. Your kids will get their lickins too! The most racist state by far...Openly so and acceptable. Lived here for a couple years and leaving. You can try to be nice to everyone you meet and it makes no difference. Dirt bags everywhere just want to steal your stuff. Only way to live here is with little or nothing so you have nothing to get stolen and nobody gets jealous of you.
I enjoy living in Waialua, it is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Honolulu and the surrounding area. Although there is quite a bit of traffic at times, it is very peaceful, "country" town on the northern shore of Oahu. One drawback is real estate prices, particularly leased spaces for small businesses, they tend to be a bit expensive. This causes many small businesses unable to stay open. I would like to see growth in the area of small businesses.