Vallejo Reviews

I have lived here for about 4 months, I recently purchased a home and I love the area everything is so close to each other and I love how there are so many places to eat and the diversity. Moving from Marin County was very expensive and I
Vallejo is a place with a lot of heart and a diverse community. There is always something taking place; whether it's the local farmers market or an event at the waterfront. Local eateries are astounding, and there is a decent amount of things to do once you're inside the city itself.
Vallejo is my home and I lived here my whole life. We are definitely a diverse community and I feel like that makes us really fimiliar with each other and we get along great. The only thing I would say needs to or should change is our school system as some of our teachers do not like their career choice and then that comes to our kids who won’t be able to learn from them. Vallejo also needs more entertainment as we used to have a bowling alley and a drive in theatre and six flags but now we only have six flags. I hope to see us prosper.
Start Your Review of Vallejo
I've lived in Vallejo all my life. It is located in the middle of Sacramento and San Francisco California. We have great weather, never too extreme. Vallejo is also culturally diverse. However, we could improve our schools.
Vallejo is my hometown and I'm glad to be from it. It has a great commute to all locations in the Bay Area and the weather is great. It is never too windy like in SF but isn't hot like towns more inland. One of the best things is the ferry system to SF that is reliable and runs very often. Not all the public schools are the best but some of the charter schools can be great.
Vallejo has a lot of potential, but there is also a real potential for extreme gentrification. There a high homeless population and not enough resources. There is a number of art collectives and community events, such as the farmer's market and art walks. There are a lot of mom and pop shops downtown, but the businesses don't usually last that long.
Vallejo is such a diverse and close connected city. Everyone here wants to see each other succeed and I think that is beautiful. The schools here are highly academically trained. The local town is very environmental friendly with all the nature that is in it. There are tons to do around the city as well.
There's so much to love about Vallejo. It's a diverse town with a ton of history. There's almost no police presence, which has its pros and cons. The food here is awesome because its not gentrified (yet). There's almost no bars that don't give off a very murdery-vibe. There's a beautiful waterfront and a theme park. We have the worst roads in California (which seems like a real prize when there's places with dirt roads). It's got its dangers, there's gang violence, drug crimes and we have a reputation as the dumping ground for all the Bay Area's unwanted things and people.
I would wish for a safe neighborhood. Although the neighbors are friendly, there is too much strange noises at night, which makes it hard for the citizens to sleep.
It is incredibly diverse, which I love. The city is trying to improve and adding a lot of new commercial businesses which is nice. The schools need a lot of improvement.
I have been living here for the past 25 years of my life and I have witnessed an economic decline early on since elementary school. Teachers without tenure were laid off, after-school programs and creative arts classes were cut due to budget cuts. I experienced a high school in a transition period where an education was open to those who desired to work hard.

If you don't know of my beloved city of Vallejo, my experience is heavily rated based on the lack of community engagement between all age groups. I believe that investing in education and community programs would boost individual moral to be a better person.
For me, I find Vallejo to be a kind of boring town. New businesses aren't always allowed in so I often find myself going to other cities for shopping and that kind of stuff. There are also parts of town that I don't always feel safe in, especially at night.
A little nitty-gritty but there's a charm that sticks with you. Lots of potential if people who care about the community come together.
Great suburban town. Within driving distance to the Napa Valley, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, being the home of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, this is a town to have a family in or simply enjoy the weather.
Despite its past with bankruptcies, Vallejo is really making a comeback. Tons of new stores and restaurants are opening up all around, promising growth and more opportunities. There are more and more new housing developments that offer high class homes and Vallejo offers plenty of jobs to new and existing residents.
YAY AREA! Vallejo is my hometown and I spent most of my life here. I love the culture here. It's incredibly diverse. There is no other place like Vallejo. You always experience something kooky and fun here, even when you're just running errands or going about your day normally. However, the city has become gentrified.
I lived here my entire life and honestly, there is no place like home. The city itself is alright. There putting up new restaurants and stores which I'm happy about. But the thing I love most about Vallejo is the people. Since Vallejo is small, you pretty much know everyone or know of everyone. I'm glad to have lasting relationships with these people.
Start Your Review of Vallejo
i like that it has six flags. i would like for it to have more job opportunities and higher pay rate.
My experience in Vallejo, CA has been great. The city is really blossoming. There are a lot more things to do around the city. Like taking long walks around the marina. Around the 4th of July you can go to the marina and watch the fireworks over the water. The city has festival year around.
More grocery stores that offer healthy and organic food and maybe more things to do.. Cheaper access to amusement parks as well