Troy Reviews

Filters Applied:
Great little city, feels like Brooklyn before it became commercial. Many nice restaurants and cafes in the downtown. All different cultures mingle here.
Definatly has some gritty sections but as you use common sense you'll be ok.
One thing I like about Troy is that downtown everything is within walking distance. There is a lot of small business within troy and many vintage shops that make it nice to explore on a Saturday afternoon. I also like the number of visible non -for -profits. Another thing I like about Troy is that if you are looking for a night out on the town there are many local bars and places to hang out and they are all within walking distance so you don't have to pay for uber or cabs. One thing I would change is the cost of new housing prices. I believe that housing should be affordable and that everyone has a right to quality housing. One thing that I would also change is the oneway streets, sometimes I feel like there are too many and it makes it difficult to get to one destination. Lastly, another thing I do not like about Troy is that many of the outdoor events don't start until July and I think that they should start sooner like June because there is consistent warm weather by then.
I live in Troy and find a great place to have grown up. It's within 3 hours of NYC or Boston and about 2 hours from the Adirondacks. We have a walkable downtown with many eclectic shops and restaurants. People often compare it to Brooklyn with it's many historic buildings. Several movies have been filmed here including, IronWeed, Age of Innocence and Scent of a Woman.
Start Your Review of Troy
There is a little bit of everything in this town but its mostly filled with awesome small businesses. There is some security issues in certain areas as every place really has, but its controlled. I do not fear running at night with my dog as a woman so that is saying a lot.
I've lived in Troy pretty much my whole life. I love it here - close the a lot, but also a small town feel too.
Troy is continuing to build its infrastructure through local means and is on the rise. Troy has the the areas most extensive farmers market held weekly throughout the year. Many of the shops are owned by young entrepreneurs and is focused on more sustainable and economical options for living.
Troy, city located on the western edge of Rensselaer County, on the eastern bank of the Hudson River. Troy has close ties to the nearby cities of Albany and Schenectady, forming a region popularly called the Capital District. Troy is very nice area, and have a good school in the area like Rensselaer polytechnic Institutes (RPI), Troy high school to help the kids get education. Troy has a long history, talk about Uncle Sam, close to the river (Hudson River), let's have a lot of visitors, tourists for attractions. Troy is a nice place to visit, especially downtown which related a history of the troy through a warrior statue close to the river, those who fight world war 2 statues. It's a nice place to visit, if you get a chance, jump over to taste troy with all gorgeous environment, foods, fun, tales, street farmers markets; you be amaze. Thanks to visits Troy!
Everything I need is right where I need it. Having the grocery store less than 2 miles away makes last minute errands much more bearable. We have several grocery stores, 24-hour stores, and tons of restaurants, so we're never missing out. A few mom-and pop shops, but primarily larger companies, makes one stop shopping a real possibility.