Shavertown Reviews

Shavertown is a great, quiet town for families with a terrific public and private school districts nearby. It is quite rural but is only 15 minutes outside of Wilkes-Barre where one can find shopping, job opportunities and 2 great local colleges. Shavertown is a very safe and good for young children. However, there is not a lot to do for older children and teens but otherwise great small town.
It's a very small town in a bit of a rural area, so there isn't much to see. You'll need a car to get around because most of the stores and such are too far to walk or bike to. However, it's still a very nice and peaceful place to live.
I've lived in Shavertown, PA all of my life and love to be in an area that offers country living while only 10 minutes from the city. Our local schools and businesses are very prominent for not such a large region. It's a beautiful area and I have no intentions to leave my hometown in my future.
Start Your Review of Shavertown
LIVING IN SHAVERTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA, I HAVE NEVER FELT SAFER. MY NEIGHBORS ARE ALL WELCOMING AND NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO IN SHAVERTOWN, THE FRIENDLINESS IS ONE OF A KIND. THIS TOWN IS A SMALL TOWN IN WHICH EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE. SO, IF YOU CAN ENJOY AN ENVIRONMENT AS THIS, I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND LIVING HERE. THE PUBLIC-SCHOOL SYSTEM IS ONE OF THE TOP SCHOOLS IN THE STATE AND IS KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH ACADEMICS. THE AREA MAY BE A LITTLE PRICEY FOR SOME TO OWN A HOME OR RENT, BUT THE QUALITY AND FRIENDLINESS OF THE PEOPLE WITHIN THIS TOWN MAKE UP FOR IT.
Shavertown..... so I cannot say there is anything particularly bad with this town, but I cannot say there is anything great about it either. There is really nothing to do here being a high school teenager. Most of our nights are spent sitting around in a Sheetz parking lot or eating pizza at Angelo's, or both.... Everyone here loves to vape not sure why. The schooling at Dallas is academically great. It is also a very safe town, but that is probably mostly due to the fact that there really is not much to do besides eat. But the food around here is GREAT.