Scranton Reviews

I enjoy the climate. People are nice. It's somewhat easy to get around. Not much of a night life besides bars.
Scranton is a wonderful town. One of the greatest cities in Northeast Pennsylvania for culture. The best part about Scranton is its history From the Electric Trolley Museum to the Steamtown Engines. The town has a very cozy hometown feel. You can feel comfortable walking down the street and exploring the many upscale businesses and restaurants.
Scranton is a great city with allot to offer. Very clean, friendly, and convenient to everything you need. It also nice that it is only 2 hours to Philly or NYC. Scranton is rated most affordable city with the best schools and no crime. There is also top notch healthcare at Geisinger CMC. Allot of people are moving here due to all the above which is making it more diverse :)
Start Your Review of Scranton
Scranton, PA is an up-and-coming city on the banks of the Susquehanna River, just an hour from New Jersey/New York. Scranton displays a wide variety of restaurants and cultural activities.
An amazing city overlooking the Endless Mountains. A walkable downtown section with fine dining and cute little shops!!

Sonsuz Dağlara bakan muhteşem bir şehir. İyi yemek ve sevimli küçük dükkanlarla gezilebilir şehir merkezi bölümü
Scranton, PA is a fun place to live in Pennsylvania. From parks, playgrounds and local attractions, it's a terrific place. There are a lot of friendly, humble neighborhoods with strong diversities.
I like Scranton, because I feel that it is a very real and diverse community. However, I feel that there are many things that need to be improved upon, such as budget allocation and the overall infrastructure of the city.
There is nothing to do here. The city is slowly dying and bankrupt. There are no jobs here and poverty is rampant, so is corruption. Everyone who lives here wants out.
I have moved to Scranton from Las Vegas, Nevada (I’m originally from Massachusetts) and I love it here. Downtown Scranton is full of excellent upscale restaurants and contains incredible historical sites. Downtown also has a good nightlife for young adults. I feel safe its very family friendly. A place you would truly want to want to raise your family.
I have lived in Scranton, Pa for nine years. As I am getting ready to leave the city for college, I feel that the city of Scranton has taught me a lot. It has also made me the person I am today. It is full of outgoing people.
Scranton, PA has recently become my home for the past few years. Scranton has so much to offer with its precious view of the Pocono Mountains and fantastic landscape. Downtown Scranton is full of excellent attractions and contains incredible historical sites. Downtown Scranton also has a fun nightlife for young adults with great local parades always nearby. It is a safe city with friendly neighbors and a humble environment!
The town has a great, close knit feel to it, and is highly invested in the various colleges and universities located there. The people are friendly and kind. Winters are challenge, as the roads get incredibly chewed up, and there is difficulty keeping them cleared after snow.
I came to the United States in 2002 from Italy. We settled in NYC, then Queens, then Long Island then to Scranton, PA. We moved here because it is a great place to live in with lower taxes. Scranton is very old city and this town has been always safe and friendly place. There is Nay Aug Park, Steamtown Museum and much more family attractions. I like Scranton because it is a humble city. My neighborhood is under revitalization filled with great neighbors. We always care for each other and I always feel like I am welcome here and this is my home.
Lived in Scranton all my life it is one of the better cities in Pennsylvania by far people here are very nice cannot say anything bad about the city Others May but as far as I'm concerned this place is home I love living here I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
From Coney Island of Scranton to What the Forks, what hype places to try new food than Scranton! No matter how cultivated your palette is the Electric City got you covered. Not to forget about the fresh farmers market and grocery stores such as Mansours Market, that is around where you can buy fresh ingredients to create personal flavor!
I adore that the city of Scranton is filled with many divergent types of wonderful people with varying cultures and stories to serve the residents. I love that many of the citizens can walk down the street or go downtown to show a sense of gratitude to the city. I also love the fundraisers and programs that are held to make Scranton a safer place and to fight off crime.
I moved to NEPA in August 2004 from Hawaii. I am of Polynesian descent and my job requires a lot of moving around. A lot of places in Wilkes Barre/Scranton are being built. There are a vast amount of stores, supermarkets, restaurants, pharmacies, gas stations, banks, churches, and schools all within seconds from each other. Commute is pretty decent as well, with Downtown WB/Scranton, Old Forge, Kingston, Forty Fort, Plymouth, Wyoming, Dunmore, Olyphant, Dickson City, Throop, Blakely and Bear Creek Twp all being less than 25 minutes away. Needless to say, I am easily able to call NEPA my new Oahu.
Start Your Review of Scranton
Scranton is surprisingly nice. I've lived in Kansas, California, Nebraska, and Memphis. So far I would say Scranton is in my top three of the places I have lived. It is very close to New York, Canada, Niagara Falls, and Philadelphia for those weekends you just want to get away. Additionally, there are some amazing hikes around the area and a lot of local breweries. The people are all very friendly (although they are terrible drivers) and it has a wonderful "small town" feel to it. I would suggest Scranton to anyone on the fence.
Not too much to do in Scranton area. Outside of town has some beautiful areas and parks. Close to pocono area and 2 hour drive from NYC. Can enjoy all four seasons of weather.
I grew up here and my closest friends and family are here. I wish, though, that it wouldn't cost so much to live here.