Rochester Reviews

Miles of bike trails, lots of well maintained parks, and a caring community all make Rochester a great place to live!
Great community to raise children and have a family. I moved here two years ago and love the area. You have a major metropolitan city a few minutes away and the great outdoors as well. Very health conscious town and welcoming. I lived in several parts around the country and I am proud to call this place my home.
Rochester is a nice city. Not too big of a city nor is it too small. Perfect place to raise a family.
Start Your Review of Rochester
Rochester is a fast-growing city with increasing job opportunities ranging across all career types. The housing market is hot, with homes selling in less than a week on average. Rochester continues to grow its community by offering activities to the public such as music, art/food festivals, family-friendly activities, as well as night-life entertainment for the college/adult community. With Mayo Clinic and the Destination Medical Center project underway, residents (new and old) are seeing the changes take place to buildings, roadways, and other various changes.
Very fun and energetic place to live. A lot of diversity, especially living downtown by Mayo Clinic. Night life here is nothing like I've seen before.
Very clean safe town but under developed considering the type of people that come here from the around the country and world. People are friendly and Mayo does a good job of alleviating the traffic providing shuttles for their employees. Homes are very affordable but rent is extremely high considering you can own a home for about 900 a month.
It's a wide-open town with lots of opportunities for growth! The city itself is very clean, and the job market is always hiring for vartied positions within the medical field. There are also a lot of varied neighborhood 'bedroom' communities, from new 'cookie-cutter' suburban neighborhoods to original neighborhoods from the 1950's. Great place to work and raise children!
What I love most about Rochester is that it's very family friendly. I have three children and I wanted to make sure I provide the best and safe living environment for them. There are jobs hiring all the time. Some jobs are in walking distance, which is great. I love the hiking and running trails. They're great for exercise and I also can bring my children along as well. Also I love Rochester because I'm currently a nursing student and Rochester is the perfect place for my family and I.
Rochester seems to be a larger city with almost a small town feel. There are great bike paths and fun restaurants to eat at.
There is a good level of affordable-ish housing. The north side of town is fairly safe with fewer crimes and more stores, other than downtown. Mayo is annoying and overwhelming. The roadwork is neverending and always happening. Having Mayo in town is nice if you need specific medical care, but it is not cheap. Otherwise it's just a midsize city like any other.
I think Rochester is a great diverse city. It is a good medium sized city with low crime. Most of the school systems are good, and there are both two year and four year colleges in Rochester. I wish that there was more to do. Not only activities for children, but adults as well. When DMC is finished I hope they have thought of something to keep the new families here in the well kept city.
Rochester is a great place to grow up in. It's a big town with lots of options for career choice and people to become friends with. The Mayo Clinic is definitely one of the most popular sites in all of Rochester and is also very convenient for quick medical care whenever needed!
I've lived in this city for more than 10 years and there are problems in Rochester still not addressed. There is an increase number of residents going homeless, rising cost of housing, silent racism, and lack of activities for younger residents to just name a few. Not to mention, Mayo Clinic is on top in Rochester and Doctors are put on top of the hierarchy in this city. Rochester is a kind and friendly city, but most of the residents here have an indirect aggression. This city is growing and the problems in this city will grow with it too if they are not addressed. If you're still thinking of moving to Rochester, then think long and hard.
Rochester is run by MAYO CLinic ...................................................................................
Rochester is my hometown. I moved away after high school for a few years, but came back. "Minnesota Nice" really does apply, especially when you move from the Midwest to the West Coast.
Let me preface this by saying I've lived in 5 different states and one foreign nation overseas. Restaurant selection and quality is terrible in this town.. The worst I've ever seen. Live here if you love Subway and Panera.... Otherwise you'll need to learn to cook good food for yourself...
I like the convenience of Rochester. It's very easy to get from one place to another. The traffic really is non-existent when compared to larger cities, so I can spend less time in the car and more time with loved ones. The setbacks include a lack of things to do as well as culture. Many things worth going to for young people are over an hour away by car. There are not many local businesses, which is something I'd like to see drastically change as shopping local is very important to me.
Start Your Review of Rochester
With DMC going on, the city is forgetting about the people that live there. Prices are extremely ridiculous and the activities are again only for DMC
I moved from Rochester from Miami in December of 2015 so far its been great living is more affordable in Minnesota than Miami. There is about a 100% chance you'll find a job here as well. I was a bit skeptical about leaving Miami but I'm glad I made the choice to move here. I've also made some great life long friends along the way.
Rochester is now becoming a well and fast developing place to not only live in but as well as to raise a family. It is great when it comes to commuting, health care is also great but expensive. So is the living which is slowly rising in expense.
Overall Rochester is a peaceful place to relax, unwind, and meet new people.