Riverdale Park Reviews

Overall Experience
Filters Applied:
Live in the next Takoma Park, without the half million price tag. West Riverdale Park is awesome while anything east of the 201 Kenilworth highway is sketch. Town center and North Riverdale (Whole Foods area) have tons of development. W. Riverdale part is very quaint for a bargain with the same charm as old town Hyattsville. Before covid19, I took the Riverdale MARC to get to Union station in DC and transfer to NOVA for work--now I am happy for the large backyard for WFH policy. Banana Blossom bistro and 2Fifty Texas BBQ are great local eats. The town center liquor store is more like a small biergarten--you can't beat 8 bucks/2 pints craft beer Thursdays. It has a very friendly vibe (read: diverse in age and ethnicity). Arlington feels too snooty for me. Lots of dog walkers here. In the last 2 years I saw elderly folks sold their house while younger yuppie millennial like myself moving in. My property increased 15-20% since 2018. I feel good raising my pride flag high.
The area is full of vendors and hard-working people. The area is full of life but it is not the best area as at night i do hear gunshots
Some of the things that I like about River dale Park is that there is a friendly community that makes people feel welcomed. I personally love river dale for it's diversity and open mindedness to cultures and different kinds of people.
Start Your Review of Riverdale Park
I really enjoy being in this neighborhood and I have lived here for many years but I loved the environment around here. I would change the funding for the volunteering services and to be able to have more street lights in this neighborhood. I always loved it here and would like places to be more safe.
It is very culturally diverse. Lots of restaurants serving different cuisines. Everything is close by, shopping malls, post office, pharmacy.
Riverdale Park, Maryland is a very diverse communtiy. The are very close knit and they always have something going on withing the area.
Riverdale Park Station / off Baltimore Ave/Route 1 and down the corridor from College Park and the University of Maryland. WholeFoods, Starbucks, the historic trolley trail for bikers/hikers and Burton’s, District Taco and Gold’s Gym. Stanley Martin townhomes and home to the purple line that will run from New Corrolton to Bethesda. 3 miles to the DC border.
Likes: Busy neighborhood. Near Ikea, Costco, Whole Foods and other stores. The majority of the community of Latinos. The near by High School and Middle School are average. The Parks are really well kept and the biking trail is very nice.
We have a great small town feel, friendly with a farmers market. We also have a great meeting place for brewed beer. Also a great multicultural family church.
The neighborhood is a melting pot of all cultural experiences getting along.
Great history and culture also great environment for raising a family.
Great place to live, but there's insider local politics and the elementary school is terrible. We just got a Whole Foods, so that it bringing the area up in the world.
The area is pretty safe and easily accessible. There are job opportunities in other cities around the area. They are public schools, community colleges and the university of maryland college park is very close to this city. The cost of living in this area is moderate. There are a lot of buses that run along this area.
It's close enough to all the "action" in the city but secluded enough to live peacefully. I love Riverdale.
The atmosphere in the area is fantastic. The neighbors are wonderful and there are plemty of community events that happen on a weekly basis.